Giants Stuff...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This ingrained coaching strategy has a better chance of falling than being successful. I can’t count the number of times I have seen that the team that is leading the game then goes conservative trying to bleed the clock. It almost always gives the ball back to the opponent very quickly. Then the team goes on defense and sets up a prevent defense which allows the opponent to garner yardage via the open underneath coverage. It then gives them the ability to nove the ball down the field and score. Garrett was a strong proponent of this coaching philosophy and gave up several potential victories. This system of coaching is still used by a great many coaches to this day.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Giants are going to explode for 24 points against us, which if you adjust for an average NFL team comes out to about 35 points.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I almost don't even give a shit anymore. This defense has just flat out taken it out of me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I almost don't even give a shit anymore. This defense has just flat out taken it out of me.
The irony is that this year the personnel are overall very good but a few positions are missing the necessary player. Most coaches can overcome this with scheme and alignment adjustments and let the strengths dominate.

To a degree this is what Dallas is trying to do with the windfall offensive stats but apparently the defensive side can’t find a way to contribute.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If you like defensive football you are almost SOL these days. League-wide, really, but especially the Cowboys.

It's barely even football anymore IMO.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Giants offense blows and is predictable. Their QB is a turnover machine. This matchup is terrible meeting terrible. Will be interesting to see which side gives. I have no faith our defense will step up.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Giants offense blows and is predictable. Their QB is a turnover machine. This matchup is terrible meeting terrible. Will be interesting to see which side gives. I have no faith our defense will step up.
We get the chance to be the shinier turd.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The irony is that this year the personnel are overall very good but a few positions are missing the necessary player. Most coaches can overcome this with scheme and alignment adjustments and let the strengths dominate.

To a degree this is what Dallas is trying to do with the windfall offensive stats but apparently the defensive side can’t find a way to contribute.
I've watched a lot of football and have seen quite a few instances where a team's defense was decimated by injuries. Yet those teams still figured out a way to play respectable defense.

So injuries aren't an excuse, IMO. Not saying that you're excusing them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've watched a lot of football and have seen quite a few instances where a team's defense was decimated by injuries. Yet those teams still figured out a way to play respectable defense.

So injuries aren't an excuse, IMO. Not saying that you're excusing them.
That’s precisely my point. The personnel are all pros and there aren’t too many that can’t be replaced because most of the players have been exposed to the game for some time. The whole purpose to having backups is to plug the holes when they occur. This team is somehow not being coached or organized properly, it’s obvious where the problem is and even more obvious that the management of the team is not able to make adjustments. If this isn’t the case then there are many players that are goldbricking.

Top Bottom