Giants Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I just don't care. I think he has the mental makeup of a great player still but his physical skills have declined so far that I don't think he would help at all on the field. We need young guys with legs. Clearly this defense is getting tired and giving half ass effort. I don't think a rusty Sean Lee is going to help at all. Just my opinion though. I'm sure some think his play recognition would help the other players.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well this explains why they went out and added the extra OT from the Browns PS.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he has much longer in the league.
I guess what's the point of saving him if the season is lost because we don't have him. Just fucking play through it. This managing of the injury won't mean shit if we continue to lose games. You can't act like your team has the luxury of resting guys when you don't.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't think he has much longer in the league.
Neither do I. Neck and back issues don't get better as you get older. I imagine those injuries are harder to play through as well. Can't just tough your way through them like you would with foot or ankle problems.

Also, I seem to remember a few of us saying a couple of years ago that they needed to start looking for Smith's replacement pretty soon. And here we are.

data

Forbes #1
Is “the window” closed for this era?

Sure we have a good enough QB and among leagues best WR crew, but the other young core players we counted on for the next three-ish years either suck or aren’t available.

• Not difference-makers: DLaw, Jaylon, Zeke, Connor Williams
  • Not reliably available: Travis Frederick, LVE, Tyron Smith, will 2021 Lael Collins be 100%

I don’t foresee improvements to the eight players listed above, leading me to believe that this era’s window is closed. 2014 and 2016 were it and we fell woefully short.

With the contracts already committed for next three years, we have little flexibility to bring in cornerstone players.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not For Long.

Luckily I think this year's OT class is pretty strong and despite our defense I'd be perfectly fine taking one in the first.

Of course we may actually be picking top 10 at this point so who knows?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sorry I just don't care. I think he has the mental makeup of a great player still but his physical skills have declined so far that I don't think he would help at all on the field. We need young guys with legs. Clearly this defense is getting tired and giving half ass effort. I don't think a rusty Sean Lee is going to help at all. Just my opinion though. I'm sure some think his play recognition would help the other players.
If Lee gets on the field he'll most likely immediately be our best linebacker.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's time to move Connor Williams to LT. Short arms be damned his athletic ability os being wasted at guard. With Smith looking down for good It's time to move him to hos natural position.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not For Long.

Luckily I think this year's OT class is pretty strong and despite our defense I'd be perfectly fine taking one in the first.

Of course we may actually be picking top 10 at this point so who knows?
If we are 10 top, which way do you lean?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we are 10 top, which way do you lean?
Depends how close we are to 1 and whether we can trade up for Lawrence, if so I'd do that and try to flip Prescott for two 1's. If not I'd be looking at Penei Sewell, who seems like a pretty rare LT prospect, Gregory Rosseau and Micah Parsons, although if we're at like 9 or something that isn't happening.

We'd have to be in the 4-7 range for them most likely.

Basically, aside from trading up for Lawrence, I'd go best DL/LB/OL/S available. No interest in a WR for obvious reasons or a CB.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom