Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They gave away Romo's # pretty quickly. I wonder if anyone will wear #21 next season.

data

Forbes #1
Has a number change ever revitalized a slumping career? I’d argue it is moreso the nail in the coffin.

data

Forbes #1
Most disappointing career after a fast start:
  • Roy Williams (safety)
  • Ezekiel Elliott
  • Dez Bryant

p1_

DCC 4Life
  • Roy Williams (safety)
  • Ezekiel Elliott
  • Dez Bryant
I would like to add Jaylon Smith to the list.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
  • Roy Williams (safety)
  • Ezekiel Elliott
  • Dez Bryant
Easily Roy Williams.

Zeke and Dez didn't disappoint -- their bodies just started to betray them.

But both were some of the very best at their position for 3 to 4 years and both helped us get to and win playoff games.

Roy? He fizzled out because he stopped caring but early on he was as a baller.

Everybody remembers the big hits but a lot of people forgot how good he was in coverage his first few seasons before he started putting on weight. What's more, the guy was an absolute playmaker.

He was a very good athlete and you could see it whenever he had the ball in his hands. Like Sean Lee, they had the athletic ability and vision to get a lot of yards after picks or fumble recoveries because they damn near looked like offensive players when they carried the ball.

He was ALWAYS around the ball and was a turnover-creating machine. And the best thing about him is that he had a knack for coming up with turnovers in critical moments and that clutch gene is just something you can't instill in a player.

His 2005 season was incredible and he deserved to be in the DPOY conversation that season. He had 3 huge forced turnovers late in games to either keep us in games or help us seal wins:

Forcing a Brandon Jacobs fumble at the goalline vs the Giants late in the 4th.

The pick 6 vs McNabb on MNF to complete an amazing comeback at Philly.

Forcing a fumble vs Denver and recovering it when we were down 7 in the 4th vs the Broncos which allowed us to tie the game.

And then in 2006, he got fat, thin-skinned, and stopped trying to get better.

Roy could have been a HOF'er, or at the very least, a fondly-remembered fan favorite with a career to be proud of.

Instead, he's remembered as a bust who never fulfilled his potential.

Top Bottom