Eagles Stuff...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Him calling the bubble screen over and over when it wasn't working turned a lot of us off on him

Yep. That one in the Cardinals game that Baker almost picked is a prime example.

McGovern spread wide in a bunch formation? The Cardinals knew exactly what was going to happen just by looking at it. And it almost cost us a pick 6 against us. Awful play design.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. That one in the Cardinals game that Baker almost picked is a prime example.

McGovern spread wide in a bunch formation? The Cardinals knew exactly what was going to happen just by looking at it. And it almost cost us a pick 6 against us. Awful play design.
Well maybe he ain't sandbagging as much as used up all his shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well maybe he ain't sandbagging as much as used up all his shit.
Could be, the first time you move McGovern out wide the defense is going to have no clue. But once you do it a game teams will look for an obvious tell like that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I can’t understand all the negative flak on Moore. The Dallas team has had their best season in a long time and the offense has had a good year comparative to their previous years. Even though some the players aren’t having the best effort on some weeks still they are where everyone wants to be. The playoffs haven’t started so that should be the standard to be held for any judgmental analysis in my opinion.
Making the playoffs is your measure? Or winning in the playoffs ?

Genghis Khan

Well part of the key is showing that look and doing something completely different.

That is what we fail to do.
Yep.

The only way for it to work is to not do what it very obviously looks like you're about to do. McGovern isn't out there to run patterns.

But if you do that formation, but then throw to the other side, you might have something.

Genghis Khan

the first time you move McGovern out wide the defense is going to have no clue.

I disagree. What other purpose would he be out there other than to block a screen? He's not running patterns.

It's a huge telegraph in my opinion.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well part of the key is showing that look and doing something completely different.

That is what we fail to do.
This is exactly what I'm talking about in terms of creativity, it's not coming up with a cute tricky play or formation here and there, it's coming up with that stuff then continuously evolving it, building on it, breaking your tendencies once you put it on film.

I'm not really seeing that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Both. Making the playoffs is certainly an accomplishment and I take that as a positive but not a total evaluation. How far the team goes in the playoffs is an additional evaluation factor. In my first post I did say the playoffs should be the consideration but what I think both are needed for a total evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not saying rest the starters, but don’t press the injured to play vs Philly. Being full strength for playoffs is more important than getting #2 vs #4 seed
I would agree with this.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, I wish more players would test positive. Get any possibility of screwing up the playoffs out of the way for good.

Top Bottom