Eagles Stuff…

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Exactly my thoughts when I saw all the comments calling Carr's comments racist.

As usual, no one says anything when a Cowboys player is the target. People only have a problem when comments like that are made about players who they view favorably.

Last year you had people everywhere, including some on this board, making similar arguments about Dak. They argued that Cooper Rush needed to be the starter. And you know what? No one cried racism. No one made a huge deal out of it or made or made it a national talking point.

But since it's Hurts catching criticism everyone wants to get in their feelings. The same thing happened with Buffalo fans when everyone started bringing up Josh Allen's turnovers.

It really highlights how sensitive to media coverage that fan bases outside Dallas are.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Anyone else think there's a good chance we put a beating on them? Not 40 points, but a comfortable couple of scores.

I think there's something to this home field advantage lately. And they're coming off a really tough game physically.
I don't know why, but I'm expecting a fairly comfortable win.

Something in the 34-20 range.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Leonard signed with the Eagles this week after the Colts released him. It came down to the Eagles and Cowboys, and his first game in an Eagles jersey will be Sunday night in Dallas.

“I don't think it was just Dallas-Philly,” Leonard said. “It was more so Nick (Sirianni) and I were together when we were in Indy. Nick was a great coach, great competitor. We had a bond when we were in Indy. So we kind of just went with that.

“It was more so just you know the environment that I would be in. It just fit my mentality and the dog mentality that he has. This defense, when they run sideline to sideline, it was kind of my scheme and taking the ball away, something that I could kind of bring."
So he is a douchebag. Glad he went to philly

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly my thoughts when I saw all the comments calling Carr's comments racist.
Did people say that? Beyond how dumb that is, I could swear Mariota isn't white...

But while I don't agree with Carr, I think a lot of people didn't listen to him. He only said Mariota should start until Hurts' leg was healed, because he isn't the same QB without his running threat.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did people say that? Beyond how dumb that is, I could swear Mariota isn't white...

But while I don't agree with Carr, I think a lot of people didn't listen to him. He only said Mariota should start until Hurts' leg was healed, because he isn't the same QB without his running threat.
A lot of people on X were saying it was a dog whistle comment beckoning back to the old stereotypes about black players not being smart enough to play QB.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Anyone else think there's a good chance we put a beating on them? Not 40 points, but a comfortable couple of scores.

I think there's something to this home field advantage lately. And they're coming off a really tough game physically.
I absolutely think we win; I doubt we get 40 but I think we win convincingly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This is very true, he loves scrambling up the middle, you gotta keep him hemmed in and if he scrambles make him go out to the edge.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think a team should do whatever is legal to kill this abomination of a play. This is not rugby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom