Eagles Stuff…

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hard for me to be optimistic with those other things because our remaining schedule is much harder than the green pigeons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard for me to be optimistic with those other things because our remaining schedule is much harder than the green pigeons.
It's true but you never know if Seattle or Kyler Murray can pull a rabbit out of their ass. Philly lost to the Jets. They needed a come back to beat the Skins. I'm not banking on them putting teams away. I'll give them the Giants, that team is a dumpster.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They played the Fins and Bills at home. We aren't as fortunate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They played the Fins and Bills at home. We aren't as fortunate.
Yeah, I don't really understand the scheduling. The Eagles get the 49ers at home, the Bills at home, the Dolphins at home. And the Cowboys have to play all of those games on the road. Conversely we have to play most of our tough games on the road and got a numbers of patsies at home. It's certainly helped the home win streak but it seems like something is off with that scheduling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a huge Seahawks fan rn.

Go Wino!
I mean if Geno steps back and cuts loose like he did against us their offense can be scary. They have really good weapons at receiver. The problem is in previous weeks Geno was holding the ball until he saw a guy open and it was awful. Against us he was just cutting it loose and trusting that a guy is going to get open.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I don't really understand the scheduling. The Eagles get the 49ers at home, the Bills at home, the Dolphins at home. And the Cowboys have to play all of those games on the road. Conversely we have to play most of our tough games on the road and got a numbers of patsies at home. It's certainly helped the home win streak but it seems like something is off with that scheduling.
I complained about this earlier in the year and Phil cleared it up. The last time we played all three of those teams in the regular season was in Dallas. And the Eagles played all three on the road. So this time they get the benefit of a favorable schedule. Bad luck that all three of those teams are contenders now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm a huge Seahawks fan rn.

Go Wino!
This is our best shot, if Seattle has another "rally the troops" type of game like they did against us after SF inevitably whips their ass next week. They'll be at home on MNF with their season more or less on the line after a 4-game losing streak, on the other hand if the Eagles lose to us they'd be on a 2-game losing streak, hard to see them losing three in a row but they've been winning a bunch of toss-up's, so who knows?

One thing I've been wondering about, in a vacuum would you rather play in the first round on the road against someone like Atlanta (as the 5 seed) or at home against the Rams, Packers, Seahawks, etc.?

Obviously in the big picture you'd rather be the 2 seed with the home games to follow, but in a complete vacuum I might argue that the Falcons on the road are an easier matchup than one of those other teams at home.

The records are similar but I think Atlanta is significantly worse than teams like the Packers, Rams and so forth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is our best shot, if Seattle has another "rally the troops" type of game like they did against us after SF inevitably whips their ass next week. They'll be at home on MNF with their season more or less on the line after a 4-game losing streak, on the other hand if the Eagles lose to us they'd be on a 2-game losing streak, hard to see them losing three in a row but they've been winning a bunch of toss-up's, so who knows?

One thing I've been wondering about, in a vacuum would you rather play in the first round on the road against someone like Atlanta (as the 5 seed) or at home against the Rams, Packers, Seahawks, etc.?

Obviously in the big picture you'd rather be the 2 seed with the home games to follow, but in a complete vacuum I might argue that the Falcons on the road are an easier matchup than one of those other teams at home.

The records are similar but I think Atlanta is significantly worse than teams like the Packers, Rams and so forth.
Yeah I'm not really worried about the first round as long as we are the 5 seed or higher. It's the second round and the consecutive weeks on the road. If we win in round 1 inevitably we will have to go to either San Francisco or Philadelphia in round two. Which is what I hate. I don't mind playing in Philly, but San Fran again would suck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I'm not really worried about the first round as long as we are the 5 seed or higher. It's the second round and the consecutive weeks on the road. If we win in round 1 inevitably we will have to go to either San Francisco or Philadelphia in round two. Which is what I hate. I don't mind playing in Philly, but San Fran again would suck.
Agreed although I think there's maybe a 35% chance someone like the Packers or Rams could beat the Eagles in the first round, which would presumably mean we go to Detroit.

It's a long shot and obviously you play for as high a seed as possible, but I definitely think there's an argument that a road game vs. Atlanta is easier than a home game against the Rams or some such.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yeah, it's all about round two and beyond. If you need to avoid the Packers or Rams or Seattle at home, then there's no chance for you in the second round anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it's all about round two and beyond. If you need to avoid the Packers or Rams or Seattle at home, then there's no chance for you in the second round anyway.
Yeah I'm not looking for a one win and done playoff scenario this season yet again. So my head is focused on winning round two and beyond. If you can't beat one of those wild card teams you definitely are not beating the Eagles or 49ers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I mean if Geno steps back and cuts loose like he did against us their offense can be scary. They have really good weapons at receiver. The problem is in previous weeks Geno was holding the ball until he saw a guy open and it was awful. Against us he was just cutting it loose and trusting that a guy is going to get open.
Exactly. With that WR talent there's no reason they shouldn't be one of the more productive offenses in the country. They are the only ones holding themselves back, specifically Geno. I'm hoping they turned a corner in Dallas

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. With that WR talent there's no reason they shouldn't be one of the more productive offenses in the country. They are the only ones holding themselves back, specifically Geno. I'm hoping they turned a corner in Dallas
Smith-Njigba really impressed me with his route running. That's a dude I'd love to have on my team. And the guy is their third WR. Metcalf is an absolute beast. Physically he reminds me a lot of TO. Just so thick, strong and fast. It's not just that he lit us up. But the guy physically is going to dominate most DBs. The bigger ones can't run with him and the smaller ones can't deal with his physicality. Daron Bland is not a small corner but he looked tiny standing next to Metcalf.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I'm not looking for a one win and done playoff scenario this season yet again. So my head is focused on winning round two and beyond. If you can't beat one of those wild card teams you definitely are not beating the Eagles or 49ers.
I clearly said you play for the highest seed and obviously the goal is not to win one single playoff game, my point is that in vacuum there's a very real argument that Atlanta (or whoever from the South) would be the easier first round opponent, even on the road.

My overall point is that I think even if Philly wins the division I think there's probably a better chance that they go one and done than us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I clearly said you play for the highest seed and obviously the goal is not to win one single playoff game, my point is that in vacuum there's a very real argument that Atlanta (or whoever from the South) would be the easier first round opponent, even on the road.

My overall point is that I think even if Philly wins the division I think there's probably a better chance that they go one and done than us.
Yeah it's hard to guess how the playoffs will play out. Sure I would take the road games if my first two games were against the Falcons and Detroit. But our odds are better that our first two games are against the Falcons and then at San Fran again.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Be interesting to see which top seed gets to play a possibly red hot 7th seed like a Green Bay in round one

Top Bottom