Donations

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For sure.

To be fair, there's not any fee if your bank account is linked. I knew that when I did it, but figured it was worth it for them not to have access. And I'm pretty sure that charge from the CC bank has been there for while, it's just that PayPal didn't make it clear before.
That's really good to know. I think I will stick with Venmo for my side business from now on.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
For sure.

To be fair, there's not any fee if your bank account is linked. I knew that when I did it, but figured it was worth it for them not to have access. And I'm pretty sure that charge from the CC bank has been there for while, it's just that PayPal didn't make it clear before.
Maybe the way they process it? I just looked at my CC account, and all previous transactions were processed as "Merchandise". Now they're going to be cash advances? No bueno.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's really good to know. I think I will stick with Venmo for my side business from now on.
Is it better? I need to look into that. Feels like I'm only one who doesn't use that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Maybe the way they process it? I just looked at my CC account, and all previous transactions were processed as "Merchandise". Now they're going to be cash advances? No bueno.
To be honest I haven't looked at my cc account yet, so maybe they don't hit everyone. But I just assume those bastards will.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
PM me when you get it downloaded and I can give you mine. Or if you need help. There were other members that donated this way, too. and I can assure you it's safe. I use it all the time.
Will do.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
To be honest I haven't looked at my cc account yet, so maybe they don't hit everyone. But I just assume those bastards will.
I'm sure they would if I did (they said as much), I meant that PP must have recently changed how they process cash transfers. It's almost worth the $10 to find out.

Cotton

Staff member
This place is really starting to eat into my stripper funds.

:unsure
Props, brother. We are now at almost 2 years worth of hosting. Well, we also have to renew the domain but that isn't much.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I have never seen that before, and I use Paypal a lot with my side business. (and, no, the side business isn't the DCC, fuckers)
I must inquire.

Cotton

Staff member
Your side gig.
Oh, we do woodworking on the side. I build the shit and my wife paints it. Currently, cornhole boards are the hot item. We have done about 80 sets of them so far.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oh, we do woodworking on the side. I build the shit and my wife paints it. Currently, cornhole boards are the hot item. We have done about 80 sets of them so far.
There’s only one true cornhole, and it’s used for a much different type of game.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I learned, just recently (like last week), that cornhole had a nationwide pro-league... before that I thought, based on personal experience, it was just something guys did in their yards while grilling and getting drunk.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I learned, just recently (like last week), that cornhole had a nationwide pro-league... before that I thought, based on personal experience, it was just something guys did in their yards while grilling and getting drunk.
It's on ESPN

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, it's a big fucking deal to some people. Trust me, I had to study up on all of the regulations. The boards must be 2"X4". The back of the board must be 12" off the ground. The bags have to be made of either duck cloth or (way more expensive) resin type material. We use duck cloth. I had never even heard of duck cloth before we starting building these things. The bags also have to be exactly a pound. It's a lot more intricate than one might think.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, it's a big fucking deal to some people. Trust me, I had to study up on all of the regulations. The boards must be 2"X4". The back of the board must be 12" off the ground. The bags have to be made of either duck cloth or (way more expensive) resin type material. We use duck cloth. I had never even heard of duck cloth before we starting building these things. The bags also have to be exactly a pound. It's a lot more intricate than one might think.
How much you charge for a set? Do you ship? I need a nice set for my house and hate the cheap plastic shit they sell at stores.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom