Donations

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Do you know if you could see it before?
I didn't look for it up there. I just clicked the link in post #1. And who do you have to fingerbang around here to become a "staff member"?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't look for it up there. I just clicked the link in post #1. And who do you have to fingerbang around here to become a "staff member"?
You and @data have a go of it, and we will then take it under consideration.

Cotton

Staff member
Holy crap, @skidadl. Thanks, brother. That was extremely generous. Your single donation got us 7 months all by itself. Sorry if you didn't want this made public. I will kiss the ring if needed. (no the fuck I won't)

But, thank you, brother.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
FWIW, I can see the donate link on my desktop but I couldn't on my phone.

Cotton

Staff member
FWIW, I can see the donate link on my desktop but I couldn't on my phone.
On your phone the navigation to it is different. The Forums dropdown arrow should have it as the top option. Let me know if you still can't see it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Oh derp, now I see it.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
PayPal question... just went to make a donation and before completing the transaction, I got a warning that my CC would likely be charging me a "cash advance" fee. I've never seen that before... anyone else get that?

Cotton

Staff member
PayPal question... just went to make a donation and before completing the transaction, I got a warning that my CC would likely be charging me a "cash advance" fee. I've never seen that before... anyone else get that?
I have never seen that before, and I use Paypal a lot with my side business. (and, no, the side business isn't the DCC, fuckers)

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yes, that made me pause a day or two also looking for a workaround. I looked it up and while they bury it in the fine print of your card, most of what I found said it's probably $10 or 2%, whichever is more. Sucks, but I guess that's the way it is. I un-linked from my checking account a while ago because I didn't want them having an open line to my bank anymore.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I have never seen that before, and I use Paypal a lot with my side business. (and, no, the side business isn't the DCC, fuckers)
These companies are constantly changing their policies, so who knows.

Cotton

Staff member
Yes, that made me pause a day or two also looking for a workaround. I looked it up and while they bury it in the fine print of your card, most of what I found said it's probably $10 or 2%, whichever is more. Sucks, but I guess that's the way it is. I un-linked from my checking account a while ago because I didn't want them having an open line to my bank anymore.
You had to pay $10 more on top of your donation? Wait, did you donate? So many names. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe we need to switch to a Venmo or CashApp setup. I have a lot of experience with Venmo but have none with CashApp.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
It's a scam... the bank and PP probably split the fee.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a scam... the bank and PP probably split the fee.
Would you rather Venmo? I can move it from Venmo to PP. No fees.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Maybe we need to switch to a Venmo or CashApp setup. I have a lot of experience with Venmo but have none with CashApp.
PP is get a little big for their britches.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
PP is get a little big for their britches.
For sure.

To be fair, there's not any fee if your bank account is linked. I knew that when I did it, but figured it was worth it for them not to have access. And I'm pretty sure that charge from the CC bank has been there for while, it's just that PayPal didn't make it clear before.

Cotton

Staff member
Never used it, but I'll give it a try.
PM me when you get it downloaded and I can give you mine. Or if you need help. There were other members that donated this way, too. and I can assure you it's safe. I use it all the time.

Top Bottom