Donations

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How much you charge for a set? Do you ship? I need a nice set for my house and hate the cheap plastic shit they sell at stores.
Ours were $200 with bags but when lumber skyrocketed we had to go up to $240. And shipping isn’t really an option. These boards are heavy enough it would probably cost almost as much to ship them as it would to buy them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ours were $200 with bags but when lumber skyrocketed we had to go up to $240. And shipping isn’t really an option. These boards are heavy enough it would probably cost almost as much to ship them as it would to buy them.
Yeah I figured I'll have to seek out a more local maker for a set. I don't need some light weight garbage to take to camping trips.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah I figured I'll have to seek out a more local maker for a set. I don't need some light weight garbage to take to camping trips.
I switched from making my frames out of 1X4s to 2X4s for durability reasons. Downside is it made them quite a bit heavier.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I switched from making my frames out of 1X4s to 2X4s for durability reasons. Downside is it made them quite a bit heavier.
My neighbor ordered some really nice ones from
Slickwoodys. Super heavy duty and the graphics are really nice. He only paid 29 bucks for shipping.

Cotton

Staff member
My neighbor ordered some really nice ones from
Slickwoodys. Super heavy duty and the graphics are really nice. He only paid 29 bucks for shipping.
Those are big manufacturers that use vinyl stickers. We hand paint all of our shit. They last so much longer in the UVs from the sun than the stickers do. With bags constantly hitting them, the stickers don't hold up. People get fooled by the big box stores with these things. I assure you, the stickers do not hold up. They look cool as shit and you can do much more intricate shit, but they just don't last.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I can vouch for that vinyl sticker shit. A buddy got a set with a really nice vinyl wrap. In 4 months it was bare.

Cotton

Staff member
I can vouch for that vinyl sticker shit. A buddy got a set with a really nice vinyl wrap. In 4 months it was bare.
Those stickers suck. They look great, but they do not hold up. At all. It takes us longer to make a set, and we would probably make way more money doing it that way, but we decided we weren't in the repeat business if it caused our customers to have to ask for stickers again in 6 months.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I watched some CH tournaments on YouTube a few weeks ago.

The pros are amazing at it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those stickers suck. They look great, but they do not hold up. At all. It takes us longer to make a set, and we would probably make way more money doing it that way, but we decided we weren't in the repeat business if it caused our customers to have to ask for stickers again in 6 months.
I wonder if there is a way to lacquer over them to make them durable.

Cotton

Staff member
I wonder if there is a way to lacquer over them to make them durable.
We use poly, but even poly doesn't protect those stickers. It is more for fading from the exposure. You can use two part epoxy, but then it's more of an ice rink than a cornhole set.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Those are big manufacturers that use vinyl stickers. We hand paint all of our shit. They last so much longer in the UVs from the sun than the stickers do. With bags constantly hitting them, the stickers don't hold up. People get fooled by the big box stores with these things. I assure you, the stickers do not hold up. They look cool as shit and you can do much more intricate shit, but they just don't last.
I believe his are painted. Regardless I have no doubt your stuff is quality brother. I was commenting more on the shipping aspect then any slight towards your work.

Top Bottom