DeSantis thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, Ronnie Boy lost the entire black vote in one day. That's impressive.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He’s probably safe to get back on the carbs and put that weight back on.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Sheik

DCC 4Life
he supposedly implied that black people benefited from slavery
I haven’t read the exact quote because I don’t care enough, but from what I’ve read just on twitter it was something like “slavery was a net positive because slaves learned skills that they were able to put to use after slavery.”.

Again, that might be people reading too much into a much less abrasive statement. I’m not even sure it was a quote from DeSantis himself. It may have been a surrogate.

Either way, I’m all for his campaign keeping the disaster going.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Soros? If that is true, that's the death knell for him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Raheem is great but he's a mega Trumper, so I would be wary of that "linked" term.

Looks to me like Ron fell victim to the Establishment Consultant Class. He should ignore the leech-like Karl Roves of the world and do his own thing, just like he did as governor.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Hate to see DeSantis' campaign going down the toilet, but it's been poorly-managed from launch.
It really wasn’t going to end anything other way. He built a name in Florida being a Trump lackey a e that they are opposed and Trump is targeting him, he can’t hang. Add to it he’s a massive asshole to all media who ask even remotely a controversial topic and they are all against him.

and yes, he did make those statements about black people benefitting from slavery and the school curriculum has been completely whitewashed to act like slavery wasn’t a bad time in the country. He’s since backtracked and now blames his own DOE for writing the curriculum that way and says to ask all questions about it to them directly.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Do you live in Florida? Have you reviewed the curriculum as you have school age children in said state? Didn’t think so.
Doesn't matter where you live. It's at the very best a vast overstatement to claim they teach that slavery "wasn't that bad." Come on, man.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It’s still extremely early. Anything can happen, but I’m thoroughly enjoying DeSantis getting throttled in polls right now.

It’s awesome to witness his influencers on Twitter freaking out left and right.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It’s still extremely early. Anything can happen, but I’m thoroughly enjoying DeSantis getting throttled in polls right now.

It’s awesome to witness his influencers on Twitter freaking out left and right.
Who's your candidate that could plausibly win? And don't say Trump. He's even less popular than when he lost the last election.

shane

DCC 4Life
DeSantis is getting hit by a lot of ridiculous nonsense, like the "slavery is good" curriculum lie. It's just as much bullshit as the supposed "don't say gay" law.

But it's hard to feel bad for DeSantis after seeing how despicable his surrogates have been. This dude built himself up as the mini-Trump and now is selling out to the establishment hard, but nobody is digging it. He has buried his political future. I'd take even Lyin' Ted over DeSanctimous in 2028 at this point.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I get liking Trump, fine. But it doesn't make sense to bash DeSantis for being too mean or attacking Trump too much. Nobody has done vicious attacks like Trump. And now he's supposed to be coronated without even a competition? Feh.

And "surrogates?" Some of Trump's surrogates have been awful. Like the one who accused Mrs DeSantis of faking her cancer.

Meh. I'm thinking we should put all our focus on winning the Senate and House, because the presidency isn't happening.

shane

DCC 4Life
I get liking Trump, fine. But it doesn't make sense to bash DeSantis for being too mean or attacking Trump too much. Nobody has done vicious attacks like Trump. And now he's supposed to be coronated without even a competition? Feh.

And "surrogates?" Some of Trump's surrogates have been awful. Like the one who accused Mrs DeSantis of faking her cancer.

Meh. I'm thinking we should put all our focus on winning the Senate and House, because the presidency isn't happening.
Trump is going to be coronated. You check out the polls recently? Republicans will accept nobody else. It won't be close, hence why Biden / the deep state are desperately trying to throw him in prison.

DeSanctus deserves to have his political ambitions ruined for thinking he was making some Machiavellian power play joining the establishment, betraying Trump and his base, and running for President. What a colossal dumbass.

Top Bottom