DeSantis thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
What if Trump wants to run until he's 90, should everyone just step aside until then? Competition is the name of the game.
this was his insane response to Ron entering the race. so no, he does not like competition.

trump-ts4.jpg

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Let’s not pretend that Trump voters staying home if he’s not the candidate is some sort of unheard slight and middle finger to the GOP.

Anyone who supported him for the last 6+ years has been made out to be a nazi. I personally remember Glenn Beck, Ben Shapiro, Bill Crystol, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz(vote your conscience), George Bush, George Will, and countless others taking the stance of “Never Trump”.

There are many more I’m forgetting, but Trump supporters had to watch those people go on TV and radio and talk about changing a Hillary Clinton presidency rather than Voting for Trump.

I’d say it’s fair game. I’m personally not a Trump or nobody voter, but I’m definitely not supporting or voting for DeSantis.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I’d say it’s fair game. I’m personally not a Trump or nobody voter, but I’m definitely not supporting or voting for DeSantis.
I'm not sure who you think you're owning by doing this. I've had it with Trump, but if he won the nomination, I'd take him over another four years of Biden. I wouldn't pout because "my guy" lost. Are you even a registered Republican?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure who you think you're owning by doing this. I've had it with Trump, but if he won the nomination, I'd take him over another four years of Biden. I wouldn't pout because "my guy" lost. Are you even a registered Republican?
I’m not owning anyone. My vote is useless in the grand scheme of things.

I won’t vote for anyone that gets a thumbs up from Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Let’s not pretend that Trump voters staying home if he’s not the candidate is some sort of unheard slight and middle finger to the GOP.

Anyone who supported him for the last 6+ years has been made out to be a nazi. I personally remember Glenn Beck, Ben Shapiro, Bill Crystol, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz(vote your conscience), George Bush, George Will, and countless others taking the stance of “Never Trump”.
Yeah, but some of them like Beck and Cruz changed their mind once they saw what he was doing. The ones like Kristol and those Lincoln Project losers are true POSes.

As bb said, it's not even about my personal feelings. I don't care who it is (between Trump and Desantis, not some loser like a Liz Cheney), I want whoever can defeat the Dems. We can't take another four years of them. This current crop will make the country into a one-party state like California the first chance they get. And then we're totally screwed.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but some of them like Beck and Cruz changed their mind once they saw what he was doing. The ones like Kristol and those Lincoln Project losers are true POSes.

As bb said, it's not even about my personal feelings. I don't care who it is (between Trump and Desantis, not some loser like a Liz Cheney), I want whoever can defeat the Dems. We can't take another four years of them. This current crop will make the country into a one-party state like California the first chance they get. And then we're totally screwed.
I get it. I’m not advocating anyone else take my stance. I’m just reading the writing on the wall. Trump’s base is only paralleled by Obama’s base. They’re extremely loyal and they aren’t beholden to a political party.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The MAGA crowd will stay home out of spite and hand a decrepit old man, who hates them, another four years? Unlikely.
Yeah that's not happening. And when Trump losses to Biden again he will push for 2028. We all know this unless he is dead or in jail by then.

I think the real problem is the people who think only Trump can be the nomination. It's going to lead to nothing but another horrendous failure of an election for the Republicans. Trump won't win.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Obama's base isn't beholden to the Democrats? What other party would they vote for?
I said that in terms of loyalty to who they support.

Nobody courted Clinton voters. Clinton was toxic, I don’t even remember him campaigning for Gore.

Same with Bush. McCain didn’t want to be seen with him.

Total opposite with Obama and Trump. If you’re running for office, you want their base behind you. You want their endorsement.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fuck the left. I'm so fucking tired of them painting every conservative as literal Hitler. It's the most disingenuous argument possible.

"I don't agree with him so I'm going twist and lie about his policies and pretend he's a racist, sexist, or phobe of the day."

Seriously. Fuck those pieces of shit.
Unfortunately they have been to that well so often, it's what they really believe.

Anyone who isn't at least a water-carrying centrist liberal is Hitler.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Eh, Trump can change on a dime. Even if he wins the nomination after a contentious fight, he can turn around and rebuild DeSantis in no time flat.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Eh, Trump can change on a dime. Even if he wins the nomination after a contentious fight, he can turn around and rebuild DeSantis in no time flat.
Maybe so, but will he want to us the question.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He made Ted Cruz his man-servant ballless cuckboi, why would DeSantis be any different?
So they said mean things about each other during the campaign but then played nice for the sake of the party once Trump won? I bet that's never happened before. :rolleyes

Top Bottom