DeSantis thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We all know he's going to run might as well make a thread just for him

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
He's my guy for 2024. In the general election he'd stand a great chance at winning in most of the tossup states. Georgia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona in particular.
He'd bring back a nice portion of the suburban vote compared to Trump.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Exactly what Trump meant by "draining the swamp".
Which he never attempted to do other than install his own stooges that were just unfamiliar faces.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You can never "drain the swamp." The bureaucracy is permanent; presidents are temporary. All they have to do is wait you out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can never "drain the swamp." The bureaucracy is permanent; presidents are temporary. All they have to do is wait you out.
Draining the swamp is a great concept, we all want it. But the population is the one that needs to do it and they are too dumb to do it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Draining the swamp is a great concept, we all want it. But the population is the one that needs to do it and they are too dumb to do it.
This is exactly right.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How does the population do it? I guess you mean voting in people who will try to get rid of it?

Cotton

Staff member
How does the population do it? I guess you mean voting in people who will try to get rid of it?
He is saying the only way to truly drain the swamp is to vote these dipshits out of office, and he is right. They aren't going to fire themselves by putting in term limits, so it's up to the dumbass people to do it, but people go out and vote blind by Letter.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He is saying the only way to truly drain the swamp is to vote these dipshits out of office, and he is right. They aren't going to fire themselves by putting in term limits, so it's up to the dumbass people to do it, but people go out and vote blind by Letter.
But I think most of the swamp isn't the politicians themselves, it's the permanent Washington bureaucrats bb mentioned who aren't accountable. Victoria Nuland is a perfect example but there are thousands more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly the only way to drain the swamp is to elect different people. Otherwise you'll never drain the swamp. They will employ their buddies. They will make rules and keep rules that keep themselves wealthy and in power. Nothing will change if the dumb people continue to elect the same people.

Cotton

Staff member
But I think most of the swamp isn't the politicians themselves, it's the permanent Washington bureaucrats bb mentioned who aren't accountable. Victoria Nuland is a perfect example but there are thousands more.
Yeah, but you get a less corrupt congress in place and they just do things needed to truly fix things. Only Congress can fix the fbi at this point. Which is sad and scary.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Some show I heard yesterday made a good point: Why does Axios have this? Trump still hasn't fixed those leaks that plagued his presidency?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I really really wish Trump would go away. He did a good job when he was in office but he had his time and it's gone now. And he's pushing 80.

All he's going to do is weaken and or destroy any strong conservative candidates and all that will accomplish is to help leftists get elected.
I'm afraid he'd throw an anchor through the floor of the boat rather than be left behind. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.

Cotton

Staff member
All that matters is his ego. If he has to drag the party down with him, so be it.
The party he set out to save.

Top Bottom