Dak Watch Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A first round pick and a huge contract already there. Surely you didnt expect much?
I mean unless the Cowboys are of the opinion that Vander Esch will never play another down of football. In that case it would have been different. But clearly the team doesn't think that's the case.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I mean unless the Cowboys are of the opinion that Vander Esch will never play another down of football. In that case it would have been different. But clearly the team doesn't think that's the case.
Yeah, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

This team hasn't exactly been the sharpest at successfully diagnosing and identifying health issues with players and how much time they'd be out for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

This team hasn't exactly been the sharpest at successfully diagnosing and identifying health issues with players and how much time they'd be out for.
Yeah it's not meant to make you feel better. Just a matter of fact that if the Cowboys think LVE is good to play there was no way they were signing any legit LBers. And if they were to sign a new legit LBer they wouldn't have also retained Sean Lee. I get the concern though. It's hard to trust any NFL teams medical reports and the Cowboys seems to be the most optimistic of any.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Jerry has seen the XRays and has spoken. Which means LVE will be retiring in August.

p1_

DCC 4Life
As much as I want Dak to be paid, I shutter to think he will be, for however brief a time, the highest paid player in the league. Hard to fathom.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hmm, so we'll only be able to land 2 Olawales instead of 3 next year, real shame.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is it your opinion that that's all we added to our team this year? Olawales?
No but considering that we had about $30 million in space, including about $15 million remaining, and have mostly prioritized handing out contracts to shitbirds (Olawale, Rush, Justin March, Canady, Darian Thompson) totaling about $7 million, not to mention giving Sean Lee $4.5 for some reason, and holding Crawford's ridiculous cap number, I'm not exactly enthused about how they'd re-invest the savings.

Add up those 5 shitbirds who are unlikely to provide anything more than a run of the mill 6th/7th/UDFA rookie would, along with Lee, plus Crawford's cap hit and you have a cool $20 million against the 2020 cap.

$20 fucking million going to 5 shitbirds, a 34 year old LB who is decent depth, and a 31 year old utility DL who is coming off missing a full season because of a serious hip injury (those always heal quick).

When I say "landing Olawales" it doesn't literally mean only signing Olawale-caliber players, it's a euphemism for the front office being scared little bitches to do anything bold in free agency while mostly putzing around otherwise.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think that's the first time I ever saw the word 'shitbird' used three times in the same post. There was one in each of the first 3 paragraphs. I admit I was a little disappointed the last one was shitbird free.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Reality is we won't live or die based on Dak's contract; we will however struggle if we continue to draft terribly

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Prescott going to emerge as NFL's highest paid player, fucking seriously?

We were all on here a year ago saying we'd be ok giving him $20 million a year if we can get him for a bit under market.

I'd fucking trade his ass.

Top Bottom