Dak Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's a 0.0% chance they trade Dak unless Tua is sitting there at 5 and they can get him. Theoretically I'd be on board with trading Dak, tanking for Lawrence and writing off next season, but we all know there's no chance that happens.

With all that said, if Cooper walks these fools better be ready to make a splash on the DL with guys like Hargrave, Reader, Phillips, Reed, Pierce, Onyemata, etc.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
So...is this more of a financial move? Or a sign that they don't want him long term?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What's a reasonable yield (draft picks-wise) and what's your plan on QB replacement (FA, 1st rounder QB or Cooper Rush)?
I'd probably want two firsts, and second, and then a sweetener. And I think some team would pay it.

And then I'd have to wait and see about a replacement. I'd probably look at Rivers first and foremost as a stop-gap and then look to trade up with my extra ammunition in this or next year's draft.

data

Forbes #1
I'd probably want two firsts, and second, and then a sweetener. And I think some team would pay it.

And then I'd have to wait and see about a replacement. I'd probably look at Rivers first and foremost as a stop-gap and then look to trade up with my extra ammunition in this or next year's draft.
Yeah, if a trade was to go down, I'd go defense heavy in the draft and Rivers would be my Plan A.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I dunno, Rivers looked awful last year to me. He was always slow, but he can't move at all anymore.

The thing is, we all know there's zero chance the Jones boys would trade Dak for any amount. They're too terrified of going backwards and possibly not being relevant when they know Dak at least gives them that.

Problem is, Dak knows this, so he's going to ask for the moon. He knows they'll eventually give it to him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I dunno, Rivers looked awful last year to me. He was always slow, but he can't move at all anymore.

The thing is, we all know there's zero chance the Jones boys would trade Dak for any amount. They're too terrified of going backwards and possibly not being relevant when they know Dak at least gives them that.

Problem is, Dak knows this, so he's going to ask for the moon. He knows they'll eventually give it to him.
Well, the team is gonna do the shortsighted thing for sure.

We need to break this addiction to paying our guys whatever they are asking for and start shipping some of them out instead of letting them hold us over a barrel.

We draft well enough that we shouldn't be scared of cashing in DeMarcus Lawrence for two first round picks, for example.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

We need to break this addiction to paying our guys whatever they are asking for and start shipping some of them out instead of letting them hold us over a barrel.

We draft well enough that we shouldn't be scared of cashing in DeMarcus Lawrence for two first round picks, for example.
Nobody was giving two 1's for Lawrence.

The problem is that these guys don't plan ahead, they push everything to the limit thinking that "deadlines will make deals" and ultimately they're just boxing themselves in. The way to not letting these guys hold you over a barrel is by bringing in replacements a year earlier and developing an exit strategy, these guys never have an exit strategy.

data

Forbes #1
Then who would be your preference? If Rivers would command $25M, would you go for Jameis Winston/Mariota for less? Would you trade for Nick Foles? Or roll with Cooper Rush?

data

Forbes #1

In a copycat league, I can't see why more teams haven't copied the Patriots model. It's essentially a series of Herschel Walker-light.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Hey there were to be a fantasy draft for all 32 starting qbs, where do you guys think Dak would be drafted?

That’s how I would determine how much I would pay him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nobody was giving two 1's for Lawrence.

The problem is that these guys don't plan ahead, they push everything to the limit thinking that "deadlines will make deals" and ultimately they're just boxing themselves in. The way to not letting these guys hold you over a barrel is by bringing in replacements a year earlier and developing an exit strategy, these guys never have an exit strategy.
Didn't Frank Clark bring a first and third?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should have done Dak last offseason but everyone thought another year of evaluation would help. Dumb move and predictably the price went up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Should have done Dak last offseason but everyone thought another year of evaluation would help. Dumb move and predictably the price went up.
They were too busy with Zeke.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Didn't Frank Clark bring a first and third?
A 1st and then swaps in the 2nd and 3rd, so basically just a 1st and change, which is about all I think we could've gotten for Lawrence.

And Seattle ended up taking LJ Collier with that late 1st, which I think is going to end up being a bit of a disaster, but at least it showed some foresight on Seattle's part.

I wouldn't mind letting Amari walk, re-investing those cap dollars on the DL and drafting Ruggs or ideally Lamb/Jeudy at 17, but that'd take a healthy amount of planning ahead that I don't think Stephen and the boys are willing to do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then who would be your preference? If Rivers would command $25M, would you go for Jameis Winston/Mariota for less? Would you trade for Nick Foles? Or roll with Cooper Rush?
If I trade Dak I say fuck it. Roll out Cooper Rush, trade away Zeke and tank. Whats the point of being mediocre and hoping for a QB to fall to us.

We won't trade Dak though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’ll bet if we looked back, there were a lot of guys on this board that didn’t want to sign him then. Wanted him to prove it first.

Top Bottom