Dak Watch Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There is serious supply-and-demand competition for even Tier 2 QBs.
That’s the nail on the head there.

End of the day your team is worthless without a QB. Some like Ryan Tannehill could never elevate a team by themselves.

But give him a beast running game, solid D, and some up and coming coaching... and wow.

Of course you still lose in the playoffs, but getting there is a big part of the fight.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That literally makes no sense. Special teams suck, defense sucks, he runs one of the best offenses in the NFL and he feels no pressure to score? You're kidding right? Just because he has talent to work with on offense doesn't make the other units better? It instead should make him feel like he has to score on every drive.
Alright, one trait most QBs under pressure exhibit is a desperate belief they have to make a play. But in addition to Cooper taking short passes for 70 yards, Dak has a loaded gun behind him in Elliott and now add Pollard and the nice safety blanket Gallup has become.

It changes how you work when you don’t have to do it all yourself. It’s that simple.

If DeAndre isn’t open and the Texans are behind Watson has to make something happen mostly by himself.

I’ve seen him in that situation more than once and it gets ugly as often as he somehow pulls off miracle plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright, one trait most QBs under pressure exhibit is a desperate belief they have to make a play. But in addition to Cooper taking short passes for 70 yards, Dak has a loaded gun behind him in Elliott and now add Pollard and the nice safety blanket Gallup has become.

It changes how you work when you don’t have to do it all yourself. It’s that simple.

If DeAndre isn’t open and the Texans are behind Watson has to make something happen mostly by himself.

I’ve seen him in that situation more than once and it gets ugly as often as he somehow pulls off miracle plays.
Cooper taking it 70 yards? Have you looked at the YAC stats in Dallas compared to every other NFL team? We were one of the worst.

data

Forbes #1

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Cooper taking it 70 yards? Have you looked at the YAC stats in Dallas compared to every other NFL team? We were one of the worst.
That will change if Dak gets past being late on some throws. He still needs some polish on his reads and confidence where the reciever will be rather than waiting on the open position. If he can ratchet up some on anticipation he will become an outstanding QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That will change if Dak gets past being late on some throws. He still needs some polish on his reads and confidence where the reciever will be rather than waiting on the open position. If he can ratchet up some on anticipation he will become an outstanding QB.
You missed the entire point of what we are talking about...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
How many teams with late round selections are looking for a Dak, anyway? The parties interested would be higher in the order, because they desperate for talent
NE and... NO? Pitt?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You missed the entire point of what we are talking about...
Maybe so but YAC is affected by the timing a Receiver catches the ball before the defense has time to close on them. Now tell me what you were getting at.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe so but YAC is affected by the timing a Receiver catches the ball before the defense has time to close on them. Now tell me what you were getting at.
I don't give a shit why the receivers don't get YAC. Only that it's incorrect to claim Dak is able to throw short passes that turn into 70 yarders more often then other QBs. It's a false assumption Ravi makes because in his mind these guys around Dak are the best.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't give a shit why the receivers don't get YAC. Only that it's incorrect to claim Dak is able to throw short passes that turn into 70 yarders more often then other QBs. It's a false assumption Ravi makes because in his mind these guys around Dak are the best.
Okay. Take an aspirin.

p1_

DCC 4Life
NE and... NO? Pitt?
true this, however I like this list better:

5. Miami Dolphins (5-11)

6. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)

7. Carolina Panthers (5-11)

9. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)

12. Las Vegas Raiders (7-9)

13. Indianapolis Colts (7-9)

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
The deal will get done. No matter what, this team isn’t heading into any of the serious off season activities without Dak locked in. Not with McCarthy in his first year. My guess is something like a 5 year, 188 mil deal, with a number not too much more north of the 105 guaranteed that has been reported.

data

Forbes #1
The deal will get done. No matter what, this team isn’t heading into any of the serious off season activities without Dak locked in. Not with McCarthy in his first year. My guess is something like a 5 year, 188 mil deal, with a number not too much more north of the 105 guaranteed that has been reported.
Yeah, the only outcomes I see are:
1. We sign Dak to Tier 1 money for 3-7 years.
2. We apply franchise tag and Dak plays
3. We apply franchise tag, Dak holds out and then back to #1

Won’t be any trades, no Philip Rivers or FA signing, etc.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the only outcomes I see are:
1. We sign Dak to Tier 1 money for 3-7 years.
2. We apply franchise tag and Dak plays
3. We apply franchise tag, Dak holds out and then back to #1

Won’t be any trades, no Philip Rivers or FA signing, etc.
Gotta be option 1, and Dak’s agent would be a fool to sign beyond four years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's funny to me how the topic of Romo is still so polarizing among Cowboys fans.

And even funnier to me is the revisionist history fans have in regards to Romo's career on each side of the spectrum.

Not that anyone asked, but I'll share my thoughts on Romo and what I believe is a fair and accurate assessment of his career.

To be clear, my opinion of him definitely changed in the latter years from what it was just 4 years before the end.

In a nutshell, Romo was a very very good QB. Borderline elite, even.

He would've been even better had he not been straddled with the Jones/Garrett combo of doom.

Swap him and Roethlisberger and I strongly believe the Steelers get to multiple Super Bowls while we never reach one. Both teams' histories would've largely remained the same.

Other than size, they were both very very similar in playstyle. That same special something that they had that allowed them to pull amazing plays out of their ass was also the source of the boneheaded plays that left you wondering what the hell they were thinking.

The biggest difference is that one played his career with one of the best and most stable organizations in sports, and the other joined the disorganized circus that is the Jerry Jones owned Cowboys.

Still, the other key difference was Romo's propensity for making the worst mistakes at the worst times. There is absolutely no debating that for his first 7 years as a starter, he cost us crucial games and even playoff appearances because he shat the bed numerous times.

Could that have been minimized with better coaching? Maybe....but we can only judge him by what we actually saw and experienced.

Now, he also won so many games on his own. He carried an awful and outdated offensive system. It's no coincidence that he played his best and the offense functioned better when he just got to draw it up himself.

He truly was special when he was at his best.

I feel bad for him at times not just because if the coach he was strapped with, but also because I think the mistakes became less frequent and his play became more consistent in his final years.

He was finally figuring it all out.

By the end of 2014, I had no "Please don't screw up, Romo" fears anymore. I had full confidence that he would get it done in crunch time.

Unfortunately for him, as he was finally figuring things out and the game slowed down for him, his body was breaking down so he didn't get to enjoy his peak for long.

In the end, I think Romo was a fine QB who would've made the HOF with a better team and more stable situation. But to say he didn't have talent to work with or that his own shortcomings were someone else's fault is nonsense.

I'll always remember him fondly and see him as a great but flawed QB that could've been better in a different world.

But in this reality, he wasn't a HOF'er and he's not some underappreciated genius. He's a very good but not elite QB who just didn't get it done....

Even if it wasn't all his fault.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So Rapist goes HoF and Romo is no go though you said they’re interchangeable?

Top Bottom