Cowboys Start DC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Thoughts on Rex Ryan as DC? Could be interesting.
I like the idea a hell of a lot more than bringing in The Village Idiot, especially since any candidate who has a partially functional brain will know that this is a 1 or 2 year position and that's it, because McCarthy is a lame duck coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Word on street Vrabel and Martindale want to interview but have been rejected.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
"Hey Johnny, what do you know about the coaching search?"

stuffs cash into shoeshine box

"Word on the street is we're sniffing around Dick LeBeau."

View attachment 694423
:lol

Damn.

I remember watching re-runs of that on Comedy Central and even catching like 6 hours of a 24 hour marathon too.

As for Rex Ryan, remember in Ghostbusters when they said that they should keep the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper apart, but then they got them together and all hell broke loose?

Keep in mind that Micah admitted to a foot fetish.

Getting those two together could be a disaster of biblical proportions.
Biblical?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We have a few threads and I don't know where it was, but apparently Schefter said Rex Ryan denied he interviewed, said it was just a conversation.

Josina strikes again.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sounds like semantics.
Yeah a conversation can be an interview. But essentially I doubt there is much teeth to it. We all know Jerry, nothing will be decided until after the Superbowl. Then he can make next week the Cowboys the topic of conversation.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah a conversation can be an interview. But essentially I doubt there is much teeth to it. We all know Jerry, nothing will be decided until after the Superbowl. Then he can make next week the Cowboys the topic of conversation.

Yeah maybe they just asked his opinion on who they are interviewing and what direction he thinks the defense should take.

But it seems like a lot of effort to fly him out to Dallas just for a conversation they could have had on a phone or video call.

If they already told Ryan he's not among the finalists or something like that, it might make sense for him to publicly downplay whether it was an interview or not.

Assuming he wants to coach again, he's not that old that he would need to relegate himself to consulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom