Cowboys Start DC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The more I think about it, Ryan is the type of big swing that maybe we might need and could pay off.

Vermeil took a ton of time off and came back and won the super bowl. Taking 8 years away from coaching isn't the end of the world.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The more I think about it, Ryan is the type of big swing that maybe we might need and could pay off.

Vermeil took a ton of time off and came back and won the super bowl. Taking 8 years away from coaching isn't the end of the world.
Defenses don't change that much in the NFL. You see offense continually evolve and change and everyone is always searching for the hot new offensive coordinator with new and different ideas. But when it comes to defenses, it's you don't really see the same thing. Sure defense evolves but in 8 years, NFL defenses haven't changed much.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I admire the journalistic fortitude Watkins displayed tracking down Rob at his van down by the river and getting this exclusive tidbit.

I think it's going to be Zimmer but I'm firmly on board with Rex. I think I'd do it. I'd be a little afraid that because of his personality it could turn into an unmitigated disaster. But I think it also has a very decent chance to have the highest ceiling out of all the possible scenarios.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Like I said earlier, this was obviously going to be the move, it's not inspiring but I don't think there's much of anything they could've done that would've been truly inspiring. I said a few days ago that if Zimmer was available in 2021 I'm certain about 90% of Cowboys fans would've preferred him to Quinn, it's kinda meh but mostly because next season already feels like it's a foregone conclusion, Zimmer is probably about the best we could've hoped for at this point.

I'll say this much, I'm more than happy to roll the dice with this guy as DC against the ditzy fucks the Skins and Eagles hired as OC's.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it's going to be Zimmer but I'm firmly on board with Rex. I think I'd do it. I'd be a little afraid that because of his personality it could turn into an unmitigated disaster. But I think it also has a very decent chance to have the highest ceiling out of all the possible scenarios.
Well you will never get your wish.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Fucking stupid. The Village Idiot is not going to improve a damned thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom