Cowboys Start DC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Outside of Fangio I agree.
Yea I'd have probably preferred Fangio but I'm not sure he's a better defensive mind. They've both put together great defenses at various stops, both put together strong defenses as DC's and HC's (Zimmer's were better as a HC), so I think they're pretty comparable.

But I was talking about Zimmer going up against guys like Moore and Kingsbury as OC's in the division.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I admire the journalistic fortitude Watkins displayed tracking down Rob at his van down by the river and getting this exclusive tidbit.
Or maybe he saw him where I did one night after a game, in the chips aisle of the Southlake Kroger. :lol

With his very large old lady who looked about like you'd expect to be with Rob Ryan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fucking stupid. The Village Idiot is not going to improve a damned thing.
Did I miss something over the years where "The Village Idiot" was a recognized manner to address Zimmer?

I remember GROZ and ZimmyWuss or whatever.

It may have been a thing, but I never participated.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea I'd have probably preferred Fangio but I'm not sure he's a better defensive mind. They've both put together great defenses at various stops, both put together strong defenses as DC's and HC's (Zimmer's were better as a HC), so I think they're pretty comparable.

But I was talking about Zimmer going up against guys like Moore and Kingsbury as OC's in the division.
Fangio has a bit of arrogance about him, you saw it at times with the Dolphins this past year. Even more with the Broncos.

I realize I am trying to make this a good hire, but I would prefer Zimmer all things equal.

Let the rest of the league try to figure out Fangio. The Old Man Defense against the Metrosexuals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had seen somewhere that Zimmer has had the most success of any Dcoordinator against the metro sexual offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom