Cowboys Round 3 (82) Selection - Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To get a freak athlete like this with a lot of potential in the third round is exciting. He's not a slam dunk by any stretch but seems like if it clicks for him he could be dominant.
He is like the anti Hill though. He gives 100% effort when he is on the field. He is at least safe to be a good DT in my opinion.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He is like the anti Hill though. He gives 100% effort when he is on the field. He is at least safe to be a good DT in my opinion.
I imagine he's already better than Hill, right out of the gate.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hill actually has a heck of a motor when his head is on straight, he just seems to be a head case who doesn't want to listen to anybody or anything unless it suits him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’d seriously trade Hill. See what Oakland would give for him. Could you get a 4th? A 5th?

Cujo

DCC 4Life
And by Oakland of course I mean Las Vegas.
It's going to be hard to get used to. Was having a conversation with a co-worker the other day about the draft and we both referred to the Chargers as San Diego several times before either of us caught it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I’d seriously trade Hill. See what Oakland would give for him. Could you get a 4th? A 5th?
Thought I read that even Marinelli soured on him at the end of the year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Thought I read that even Marinelli soured on him at the end of the year.
If you turn on a guy that you went to bat for that quickly, then you never had any real conviction anyway.

Seriously, was Marinelli that fucking stupid that he got duped by this asshole because he fucking signed an "I'll try hard" pledge?

There must be more to this idiotic story.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hey @ravidubey Bob Sturm has a write-up on Gallimore saying he's a 1T but with explosion and pass rush ability. That sounds right up your alley.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hey @ravidubey Bob Sturm has a write-up on Gallimore saying he's a 1T but with explosion and pass rush ability. That sounds right up your alley.
Sounds encouraging. He definitely has the hustle to play two gaps.

I see a guy who does some of everything well, and who really needs to find his groove and specialize. The worst thing we could do to him is make him a Swiss Army knife like we did with Crawford or Byron Jones.

He may lack the arm length to be a straight up pass rusher, but makes up for it because of his motor and hustle.

Biggest question at 1T is if he has the power to swallow NFL linemen blocking for LVE or hand strength/technique to get off his blocks and make tackles himself.

Looking forward to finding out.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's not 350, though...

But really, watching him in college that's what I thought also. Despite the 40, he's not the twitchy Warren Sapp type. He's more of a NT that can run. Obviously he's not the pure Vince Wilfork or Ted Washington mammoth type, but still, a 300+ pounder with good athletic ability has value.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what the reports said. It kind of seemed they had a similar grade on the two.

That said, if you think you can get player A later but not player B, not sure what's wrong with taking player B first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what the reports said. It kind of seemed they had a similar grade on the two.

That said, if you think you can get player A later but not player B, not sure what's wrong with taking player B first.
Especially when there were still multiple good DTs left while Diggs was clearly better than the other corners left in my opinion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see our board. I wonder how high we had Gallimore compared to Blacklock and the Texas AM DT.

If Gallimore was our best player in the second round than he must have been rated higher than spme pf these other DTs even though Blacklock was already gone. I really like Gallimore though. I think he has almost no bust potential. He has the potential to be a star but at worst I think he is rock solid.

Top Bottom