Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hell no.

Zeke is the new Walt Garrison. If it's 3rd and 2, he'll get you 2 yards. If it's 3rd and 6, he'll get you 2 yards.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We laugh now, but I really think there’s a non-zero chance he plays for us. If things are not going well with the other big backs, I’d be ok with a mid-season add for a low number.

I'd prefer to move on but I'd be ok with a short term, low money contract.

Some people don't want to believe this but he can still be a productive player at low volume.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd prefer to move on but I'd be ok with a short term, low money contract.

Some people don't want to believe this but he can still be a productive player at low volume.
He still would chew up a roster spot by not playing teams. If that is a reason we judge other positions, this one should be impacted as well. If not, he is still going to be there on the field eating up carries that should go to a more explosive player.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He still would chew up a roster spot by not playing teams. If that is a reason we judge other positions, this one should be impacted as well. If not, he is still going to be there on the field eating up carries that should go to a more explosive player.
Don't worry. At the rate the special teams rules are changing (talking about the returns) we won't need special teams for much longer.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

True.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We laugh now, but I really think there’s a non-zero chance he plays for us. If things are not going well with the other big backs, I’d be ok with a mid-season add for a low number.
why would Zeke do that though? Sure way to blow a knee/hammie.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hell no.

Zeke is the new Walt Garrison. If it's 3rd and 2, he'll get you 2 yards. If it's 3rd and 6, he'll get you 2 yards.
Garrison was better than you are depicting him. Did you ever see him play? He wasn’t a speedster so the middle was his assignment and even with stacked defenses he still was effective most of the time.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Zeke has already made the "nostalgia" thread. Interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: p1_

ZeroClub

UFA
My guess for today is that Pollard, a second RB (Malik Davis, Ronald Jones, or Zeke/another FA), Vaughn, and Luepke all make the team. That's a high number, but with Luepke's versatility, maybe the team decides it can go lighter at TE (3, not 4).

If the above turned out to be true, I wouldn't have a problem with Zeke taking the Davis/Jones slot. McCarthy definitely would have to appropriately restrict/redefine Zeke's role and handle the RB rotation correctly, but a head coach should be capable of that. If he isn't, there will be other, bigger problems.

data

Forbes #1
Hell no.

Garrison was better than you are depicting him. Did you ever see him play? He wasn’t a speedster so the middle was his assignment and even with stacked defenses he still was effective most of the time.
@L.T. Fan seems to be correct in that Walt Garrison is better than 2 yards. Don Meredith, trainer Larry Gardner and Lil Puddin himself have associated that saying with Garrison, but using 5 yards, 4 yards and 3 yards, respectively.

Seems like Walt Garrison wasn’t so automatic, but, in any case, all are better than 2 yards.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It was just a joke, my man.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Don't want to make Geng mad but the 1979 Super Bowl just started on NFL network. I guess I was a little too young but I don't remember any of this at all.

Opening drive (I think), Cowboys were marching down the field with Dorsett getting big chunks when they ran a double reverse flea flicker and fumbled it right to Pittsburgh. :doh

Curt Gowdy, some unknown guy, and Merlin Olsen calling the game. I guess Enberg wasn't #1 yet.

Top Bottom