Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
I remember that like it was yesterday, a future hall of famer too. I remember hearing about him being inducted around thirty years ago and had an instant flashback.:angry
Smith had played mostly of not all of his pre Cowboys career as a St Louis Cardinal IIRC.

ZeroClub

UFA
Smith had played mostly of not all of his pre Cowboys career as a St Louis Cardinal IIRC.
Yes. He was an outstanding player for years in St. Louis. He's in the Hall of Fame today for what he did in St. Louis. He came out of retirement to play a year for the Cowboys. That drop was bad for the Cowboys, but worse for him. The man had a Hall of Fame career, but this is the play he's most remembered for.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yes. He was an outstanding player for years in St. Louis. He's in the Hall of Fame today for what he did in St. Louis. He came out of retirement to play a year for the Cowboys. That drop was bad for the Cowboys, but worse for him. The man had a Hall of Fame career, but this is the play he's most remembered for.
found an old sig I used at the Zone

ikiii.JPG

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ZeroClub

UFA

Lilly's description of how it felt to be a "bridesmaid" is so on the mark, not just for him or for the team, but also for fans of the team. Those two consecutive playoff losses to the Browns and then the Super Bowl V loss were brutal.

It was different but sort of similar to where Cowboys fans are now. Championship blue balls.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
All but that final season. He was deserving of the HOF based on his overall career but I'll always remember him for this.

Top Bottom