Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno what else to name it but I figured since many of us are now officially old, we might as well get into Cowboys nostalgia because it is all we got.

So, post it....who cares.

I'll start.

Just searched in YouTube for full game broadcasts with the Cowboys.

Got random game, Cowboys v. Bengals in 1994.

Amazing how much Jeff Blake was the precursor to Russell Wilson.

I recommend everyone just watches a full broadcast game from whatever era you want.

Just for fun. Because it is a hell of a lot better than the product now.

Post all your old ass Cowboys shit here.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I remember that game. We needed a late comeback to win. Blake was fun to watch back in the day; no doubt more fondly remembered than Akili Smith.

data

Forbes #1
~real fan alert~

Pre Sunday Ticket, I was unable to watch many of these games. In many cases, had to wait until ESPN NFL Countdown to know if Cowboys won/lost.

I’m sure many of you out-of-marketers remember the sadness of our downtrodden and repressed state, too. But we persevered and loyalties held firm. Bleeding blue and silver through adversity. ~slaps thighs~

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
~real fan alert~

Pre Sunday Ticket, I was unable to watch many of these games. In many cases, had to wait until ESPN NFL Countdown to know if Cowboys won/lost.

I’m sure many of you out-of-marketers remember the sadness of our downtrodden and repressed state, too. But we persevered and loyalties held firm. Bleeding blue and silver through adversity. ~slaps thighs~
My mom took me to sports bars to watch Cowboys games when I was like 8, how do you like them apples?

data

Forbes #1
My mom took me to sports bars to watch Cowboys games when I was like 8, how do you like them apples?
…and what was she doing while you watched the game for three hours by yourself

~simp runs away crying~

Make the noises stop!!!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
…and what was she doing while you watched the game for three hours by yourself

~simp runs away crying~

Make the noises stop!!!
Watching the games with me. The undying devotion to this fucking team came before the bar visits and started with her, not the other way around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have watched the intro to several pre-Madden Summerall games where Tom Brookshier was his booth-mate.

God damn, how the hell did Drunk Pat not just punch his ass out?

When he settled down with Madden, it must have brought him great peace.

Top Bottom