Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bit of advice, never and I mean never ever talk football on FB.
I was only "friends" with him because he's also a Notre Dame fan and he's been "unfriended/blocked", no great loss. Most of the people I'm "friends" with aren't blind homers. I'm not getting into any FB wars, I don't have time for that shit.

When I still lived back east, one bar I used to frequent a bar that had a regular who was a Giants homer and swore up and down that Rodney Hampton was the GOAT. He got so fricking pissed when I said he wasn't, he left the bar, drove home and back to get his NFL stats magazine, whichever one it was. I was like "Whatever."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was only "friends" with him because he's also a Notre Dame fan and he's been "unfriended/blocked", no great loss. Most of the people I'm "friends" with aren't blind homers. I'm not getting into any FB wars, I don't have time for that shit.

When I still lived back east, one bar I used to frequent a bar that had a regular who was a Giants homer and swore up and down that Rodney Hampton was the GOAT. He got so fricking pissed when I said he wasn't, he left the bar, drove home and back to get his NFL stats magazine, whichever one it was. I was like "Whatever."
Should've made him a haircut bet.

data

Forbes #1
Roethlisberger's 2010 suspension cut to 4 games, so maybe Zeke will be back for GB.

data

Forbes #1
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/244022/how-the-nfl-justified-ezekiel-elliotts-suspension-and-what-comes-next

What about the accuser? How does the NFL know she is telling the truth? How does the NFL know that Elliott caused the injuries in the photographs?
In his letter, Jones acknowledged the concerns expressed by Elliott's representatives about the credibility of the accuser and "alternative causation." However, Jones wrote, "there has been no persuasive evidence presented on your behalf with respect to how [the accuser's] obvious injuries were incurred other than the conjecture based on the presence of some of her bruising which pre-dates your arrival."
"No persuasive evidence presented on your behalf."
Yes. This line speaks to the NFL's lower threshold for discipline relative to the legal system. The city attorney cited "conflicting" information in deciding not to press charges. The NFL said Elliott didn't provide evidence to support a different explanation. In other words, Elliott was unable to prove his innocence. In court, he would have to be proven guilty. This is an issue that has arisen frequently in NFL discipline.
------------
"In other words, Elliott was unable to prove his innocence." The NFL is just digging itself into a deeper and deeper hole with every incident.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep that's what we've been saying. That's a huge issue, to flip the burden of proof.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Police: We are dropping all charges against Ezekiel Elliott.

Goodell: I'm still going to suspend him six games.

Cowboys fans: Why?

Goodell:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe the NFL would hire a massive Giants fan to run this witch hunt. I can't think of anything more biased. I can't imagine any attorney doing this investigation and coming to the conclusion that a suspension is appropriate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love how the girl was literally in a bar fight. But yeah, no explanation for those bruises. What in the ever living fuck is wrong with the commish

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love how the girl was literally in a bar fight. But yeah, no explanation for those bruises. What in the ever living fuck is wrong with the commish
NFL: Why yes, she was in a bar fight. But the two girls only pulled each other's hair. But there were no punches thrown.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

These are old new photos.

But I bet they get flashed about like they are new.

Everyone who knows any of the facts in this case know the accuser was also in a catfight with another female.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cowboys feelings aside, Zeke's story sounds like bullshit from an entitled douche who feels like he can do what he wants without consequences.

Women don't randomly photograph bruises on their bodies. If she's right, what more can she possibly do to corroborate her story?

He says he has "proof" she was setting him up, then offers none. Zeke probably doesn't even think he did anything wrong.

Sure she's a liar, has a propensity to get into fights, etc., but the NFL is not a courtroom where any of that crap matters.

If this went down when they were living together, then Zeke damn well looks guilty as Hell and the NFL is a corporation trying to send a message to its star players about what can and won't be tolerated.

If the girl is "crazy" (and what jock doesn't say this about their ex?), then how about staying the F away from her, Zeke? Don't get involved with crazy girls who want to "set you up."

Google flat out fired the guy who sent the meme disparaging women in tech. They didn't give a shit about his skill level or right to free speech. They are a fucking corporation first and foremost.

Conclusion: Don't make me look bad, Zeke, and be glad you're not on some reserved/suspended list indefinitely. /NFL

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He prolly got suspended for looking like an Ewok. Can't say I blame Goodell for that.

Top Bottom