Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
A lot more than the Columbus police?

The NFL has a clear and established history of botched and fumbled investigations replete with sloppy documentation.

So they suddenly got their shit together and did a job better and more thorough job than law enforcement and the legal authorities?

No, they just quite simply believed this woman and her "witnesses" more than Elliott and used a national stage and prominent figure to scapegoat for their own public image.
It's just Goodell/The NFL waving their dicks in the air so everyone can see how big theirs are. If this was someone who played for one of the dregs of the league instead of the most high profile team in the country, you probably wouldn't have heard a peep about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, how could evidence come out in appeal that wasn't present during the initial investigation?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This is just unbelievable to me. What's to now stop the NFL to suspend any player they want simply on an accusation? Just fucking unbelievable.
Goodell isn't the commissioner of the NFL, he's the fucking czar. He doesn't believe in evidence, due process, witness character or anything like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Me...later tonight after the anger wears off...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, how could evidence come out in appeal that wasn't present during the initial investigation?
I wouldn't think any could.

If it does, then Elliott and his team did a sloppy job initially and really did not think the NFL was capable of being so determined to punish him.

They didn't spend a year of digging to simply do nothing.

vince

Not So New Member
Zeke plans to take it through the courts. He'll probably play this whole season before it's decided.

Or if the NFL has his way, a ruling will come between week 17 and playoffs so they can steal him from us at the worst time.
I can def see that happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is just unbelievable to me. What's to now stop the NFL to suspend any player they want simply on an accusation? Just fucking unbelievable.
It's funny. Sometimes me and my girlfriend joke when we see a bruise that we could claim the other is abusive. Well in the NFL apparently that's all it takes to ruin a guys life. Zeke should sue the cunt

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Zeke plans to take it through the courts. He'll probably play this whole season before it's decided.

Or if the NFL has his way, a ruling will come between week 17 and playoffs so they can steal him from us at the worst time.
Obviously I don't want the latter to happen, but I absolutely hope he does indeed go to court.

Fight that shit. It's total BS.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
JFC, this one Giants fan on FB keeps going on about how it's justifiable. He called me clueless when I said Goodell is basically a czar who is influenced by other owners and the NFL justice system didn't operate the same as a court of law. He's about to be blocked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
JFC, this one Giants fan on FB keeps going on about how it's justifiable. He called me clueless when I said Goodell is basically a czar who is influenced by other owners and the NFL justice system didn't operate the same as a court of law. He's about to be blocked.
Of course some cheesedick Giants fan is going to say that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Um yeah pretty much. Not even sure what "making an example proves or helps the NFL. They are just giving that spoiled brat, lying bitch what she wants

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bit of advice, never and I mean never ever talk football on FB.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
LOL, my friends are actually reasonable people. The one diehard Eagles fan on my FB agrees with me that the suspension is bullshit and thinks Goodell should go suck a dick.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The NFLP is a joke of a player's union.

They work for the NFL for the most part.

Do not expect them to do anything useful in this matter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bit of advice, never and I mean never ever talk football on FB.
Even more why would you have a conversation on Facebook with an opposing team's fan?

Looking to be a swell guy who defends your team's honor? Looking for a haircut bet? Bust in the chops bet?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
White player basically gets off. Black player gets extreme punishment. Maybe that's something Zeke's lawyers should pursue.
I hate race baiting but screw the NFL. I'm down for any avenue to embarrass them at this point.

Top Bottom