Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

townsend

Banned
I legitimately can't say for sure how biased I am. But I know I'm somewhat biased, I sided with Greg Hardy more when he was a Cowboy, than when he was a Panther or unemployed.

That being said, I can't help but feel like this is a huge overreach from the league. 6 games was what Roethlisberger got for allegedly raping a couple girls. There seemed to be a lot more info at the league's disposal for that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys feelings aside, Zeke's story sounds like bullshit from an entitled douche who feels like he can do what he wants without consequences.

Women don't randomly photograph bruises on their bodies. If she's right, what more can she possibly do to corroborate her story?

He says he has "proof" she was setting him up, then offers none. Zeke probably doesn't even think he did anything wrong.

Sure she's a liar, has a propensity to get into fights, etc., but the NFL is not a courtroom where any of that crap matters.

If this went down when they were living together, then Zeke damn well looks guilty as Hell and the NFL is a corporation trying to send a message to its star players about what can and won't be tolerated.

If the girl is "crazy" (and what jock doesn't say this about their ex?), then how about staying the F away from her, Zeke? Don't get involved with crazy girls who want to "set you up."

Google flat out fired the guy who sent the meme disparaging women in tech. They didn't give a shit about his skill level or right to free speech. They are a fucking corporation first and foremost.

Conclusion: Don't make me look bad, Zeke, and be glad you're not on some reserved/suspended list indefinitely. /NFL
Horrible take.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I legitimately can't say for sure how biased I am. But I know I'm somewhat biased, I sided with Greg Hardy more when he was a Cowboy, than when he was a Panther or unemployed.

That being said, I can't help but feel like this is a huge overreach from the league. 6 games was what Roethlisberger got for allegedly raping a couple girls. There seemed to be a lot more info at the league's disposal for that.
It is an overreach likely because it was designed to be that way.

They screwed the pooch with Rice and Hardy. They need to put closure on the "No MORE!" campaign.

In a way I want to believe they went harsh, just to have a reduction that actually fits and still get props from the social justice warriors.

Afterall, they have to get some public support since they are all colluding to deprive poor ol' Colin Kaepernick of gainful employment.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys feelings aside, Zeke's story sounds like bullshit from an entitled douche who feels like he can do what he wants without consequences.

Women don't randomly photograph bruises on their bodies. If she's right, what more can she possibly do to corroborate her story?

Women also don't commonly get in cat fights with other women and photograph their battle scars the next day either.

He says he has "proof" she was setting him up, then offers none. Zeke probably doesn't even think he did anything wrong.
He had evidence. Not proof. The evidence was clear. The broad texted friends to collude with her. She got into a fight. He brought that up, but the NFL decided it still wasn't proof he didn't attack her.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Horrible take.
Of course a lawyer Cowboys fan disagrees.

Zeke looks guilty as fuck, that's all that matters.

She's either conniving and staged pictures of her bruised body or she's telling the truth.

So Zeke is either an idiot or an asshole. In either case the NFL is sending a message.

This is no court of law where anything needs to be proven or there even is a presumption of innocence.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

She's either conniving and staged pictures of her bruised body or she's telling the truth.

So Zeke is either an idiot or an asshole. In either case the NFL is sending a message.

This is no court of law where anything needs to be proven or there even is a presumption of innocence.
He looks guilty as fuck?

:lol

Hot take that has zero basis.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

If being an idiot was worthy of a six game ban, a huge chunk of players in the league would be suspended six games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He looks guilty as fuck?

:lol

Hot take that has zero basis.
What is funny is this take is exactly what the NFL is expecting the public to buy.

And don't tell me the sudden flood of year old pictures is not intended to feed that opinion among those who have not been paying attention.

In other words, the NFL not only takes your money. They also tell you to go fuck yourselves, we are a monopoly.

And BTW, we will insult your intelligence on the way out the door.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You really have to wonder just how fucking stupid Zeke really is.

You are under investigation for domestic violence. Then you proceed to pull a woman's top down in public.

I mean, that is window licker stupid.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Women also don't commonly get in cat fights with other women and photograph their battle scars the next day either.

He had evidence. Not proof. The evidence was clear. The broad texted friends to collude with her. She got into a fight. He brought that up, but the NFL decided it still wasn't proof he didn't attack her.
Her getting in a cat fight doesn't make Zeke's actions if they happened any less fucked up.

She also called 911 and filed police reports claiming Zeke beat her the very week they're living together.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You really have to wonder just how fucking stupid Zeke really is.

You are under investigation for domestic violence. Then you proceed to pull a woman's top down in public.

I mean, that is window licker stupid.
Granted.

But the NFL stated they didn't give a shit about that, which is weird.

I would have bet they used that as additional ammo, but they didn't.

Cotton

Staff member
What is funny is this take is exactly what the NFL is expecting the public to buy.

And don't tell me the sudden flood of year old pictures is not intended to feed that opinion among those who have not been paying attention.

In other words, the NFL not only takes your money. They also tell you to go fuck yourselves, we are a monopoly.

And BTW, we will insult your intelligence on the way out the door.
Maybe that's why the NFL waited so long to make the decision. Wait long enough for the pictures to be forgotten, make the decision, re-release the pics and gain credibility from the masses thinking this is new info.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Her getting in a cat fight doesn't make Zeke's actions if they happened any less fucked up.
But it is a clear and unquestionable explanation for the bruises on her body.

She did zero to prove he did anything. The legal authorities agreed.

Elliott had the burden of proof on him to demonstrate something never occurred when it basically is next to impossible to prove.

Cotton

Staff member

She also called 911 and filed police reports claiming Zeke beat her the very week they're living together.
"if they happened" is where your take falls apart.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe that's why the NFL waited so long to make the decision. Wait long enough for the pictures to be forgotten, make the decision, re-release the pics and gain credibility from the masses thinking this is new info.
Then they are doing what I have long suspected.

They insult true and loyal intellect on a regular basis and instead cater to the mass audience who doesn't give a flying fuck about the sport until the Super Bowl is on.

Cotton

Staff member
But it is a clear and unquestionable explanation for the bruises on her body.

She did zero to prove he did anything. The legal authorities agreed.

Elliott had the burden of proof on him to demonstrate something never occurred when it basically is next to impossible to prove.
There is a reason our justice system goes by the motto, "innocent until proven guilty".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is a reason our justice system goes by the motto, "innocent until proven guilty".
It doesn't really function that way either, but at least there is the pretense of trying to follow the motto.

This one wasn't even trying to fake it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah... there is definitive proof she is conniving and a liar. Certainly more than there is any proof he did anything.

It's not a court and he doesn't have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but there should have to be some modicum of evidence instead of, you know, none.

Top Bottom