Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. per DC.com, he's dropping the appeal and will serve the entire suspension. I think it's BS and sets a bad precedent but you can't fight city hall or in this case the almighty NFL.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/11/15/ezekiel-elliott-reportedly-drops-appeal-will-serve-remaining-nfl-suspension
There isn’t anything he can fight that will solve his suspension for this season. He will serve his suspension and that will be the end of it. I always felt it would wind up this way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It needs to end, we all need for this to be done and over with.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Fuck you.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Fuck you.
As soon as I read this I thought the exact same thing. Yeah, being railroaded by a football monopoly run by an anarchist is *really* an admission of guilt. GFY.

Cotton

Staff member
We will, without a doubt, have a holdout with this next CBA negotiation.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yet another reason I don't understand why the owners want Goodell back so badly. The NFLPA hates him and with good reason.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Anarchist???
Sorry, wrong "ist" but I was posting on another page on a different topic at the same time I was posting here. Fascist is probably more appropriate and I'll bet that's what I posted at the other site. *shrug*

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be one bit surprised. There will possibly be another strike down the road unless there's language in the current CBA that prevents it. I don't remember whether there is or not.

Fuggit, I'm getting tired of NFL football anyway. I used to count the minutes until the draft, OTAs, the trading deadline, TC, preseason, everything but not the last few years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know. I agree that it should be a hot button issue, but as someone else pointed out, I doubt the NFL players will take a hard stand on an issue that really only impacts a very small percentage of them.

But I will say that because a couple of superstar players got caught up in this BS penalty system in recent years, maybe it'll carry a little more weight among the players. Hopefully it's an eye opener for them that if they'll do that to Tom Brady they won't hesitate to screw anyone over.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know. I agree that it should be a hot button issue, but as someone else pointed out, I doubt the NFL players will take a hard stand on an issue that really only impacts a very small percentage of them.

But I will say that because a couple of superstar players got caught up in this BS penalty system in recent years, maybe it'll carry a little more weight among the players. Hopefully it's an eye opener for them that if they'll do that to Tom Brady they won't hesitate to screw anyone over.
I don't think they will view it as only affecting a small percentage of players. I mean, they just witnessed Elliott get railroaded on zero evidence against him. I think they realize that all it takes is an accusation now to get them suspended and they know that it could happen to any one of them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think they will view it as only affecting a small percentage of players. I mean, they just witnessed Elliott get railroaded on zero evidence against him. I think they realize that all it takes is an accusation now to get them suspended and they know that it could happen to any one of them.

Yep, I think for some players the ramifications are a sobering thought.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hopefully, the players can hold tough next negotiation.

And have the support of the fans, which I don't think they had the last time.

Cotton

Staff member

Uhhhhhh....

Top Bottom