Cowboys at Eagles | Week 7 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ok.... I have complete confidence that we would have scored significantly more, probably in the 7-17 point range, had Romo been sharp, given that he flat out missed Bryant on a route that, if completed, he would have been 5 yards behind any defender for an easy TD (there's 7) and at least 1 other drive was ended by an INT that, if it would have stalled right there, would have resulted in a Dan Bailey 40-something yard FG attempt, which is a likely 3 more points.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo's throwing mechanics are different. I wonder if he's not adjusting like he normally would as his arm fatigues. That Denver game would have been a major exertion for any QB's arm, especially one who was out most of the offseason with a bad back.

D

Deuce

Even on a good day for Romo the O was going to be limited. Just too many damn penalties this past weekend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn man...even when the team plays well you want to complain.
It's because he refuses to acknowledge that coverage had any impact on the game. He can't admit when he is wrong so instead it must just be that their QB had the worst day of his life.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's because he refuses to acknowledge that coverage had any impact on the game. He can't admit when he is wrong so instead it must just be that their QB had the worst day of his life.
You're right, it's the other 5 games we've played this year that are the outliers. :lol

Meanwhile even booze acknowledges that Foles was horrible. You can't accept that because you don't like the truth.... speaking of not able to admit when you are wrong.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, this argument.

Peace.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right, it's the other 5 games we've played this year that are the outliers. :lol

Meanwhile even booze acknowledges that Foles was horrible. You can't accept that because you don't like the truth.... speaking of not able to admit when you are wrong.
It's not just the Eagles game. I like how you refer to 5 other games. :lol Are we pretending that the Redskins game didn't happen at all? Or did RG3 just have his worst passing game against the Cowboys too? Bradford looked like crap against our defense as well, but that was probably his worst game ever as well.

You sound like the homer fan of a losing team. ThE CoWbOys didn't outPlay us, We JusT haD a bAd week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and point out the throws that Foles missed as though every QB every week in the NFL doesn't miss some throws.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You sound like the homer fan of a losing team. ThE CoWbOys didn't outPlay us, We JusT haD a bAd week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That makes no sense.... my team won.

Go ahead and point out the throws that Foles missed as though every QB every week in the NFL doesn't miss some throws.
It is very rare you see a QB performance as bad as the one Foles had on Sunday. The guy missed numerous throws where he was under an amount of pressure that would not have rattled even an average QB. He was just off. Booze, bbgun, and p1 have all said the same thing.

You have to take that into account. Did the DBs still have a good game? Yes. But where would we have been if Foles had an average game instead of a poor one?

Until you acknowledge that, you aren't getting an accurate read on how the defense actually played. Meanwhile everyone out there is saying the Eagles had guys running free.

It's not about denying that CBs matter (though it certainly does reinforce the notion that they are least important). If you want to get better, you have to realize your weaknesses. And it's true that the Eagles had a lot of open guys out there that the QB just didn't find last Sunday. A better performance will burn us on those and make us pay.

Getting better involves being honest about those shortcomings so you can address them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is very rare you see a QB performance as bad as the one Foles had on Sunday. The guy missed numerous throws where he was under an amount of pressure that would not have rattled even an average QB. He was just off. Booze, bbgun, and p1 have all said the same thing.
None of them have claimed that we would have gotten torched like we did in the Giants game if he played average. That was the retarded claim you made.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
F'n suck ass Wilcox.
I can't tell what the hell he is doing there. Did he think he was supposed to cover the guy running out into the flat on that play and then realized he is supposed to get the TE? On a positive not it looks like Church would have been in position to light him up if the ball is thrown perfectly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can't tell what the hell he is doing there. Did he think he was supposed to cover the guy running out into the flat on that play and then realized he is supposed to get the TE? On a positive not it looks like Church would have been in position to light him up if the ball is thrown perfectly.
Looks like that was Carter's guy and Wilcox had underneath responsibility and and adjusted late to compensate.

D

Deuce

Looks like that was Carter's guy and Wilcox had underneath responsibility and and adjusted late to compensate.
I think they were just trying to disguise coverage but he panicked when he realized his TE responsibility went vertical instead of staying close to the line.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
None of them have claimed that we would have gotten torched like we did in the Giants game if he played average. That was the retarded claim you made.
Closer to the Giants game than Eagles game.

And so what if they didn't say it? The logical implication of "Foles missed a bunch of throw unforced" is that if he makes good throws at a normal rate, even for him, he racks up a bunch more yards and at least 1 more TD (on that one he underthrew Avant that Wilcox picked that got overturned by shitty reffing).

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sorry.

You're going to have to clean up that language. It's been brought to our attention that it's hypocritical and douchey.

Thanks.
He can keep saying it, he just loses all right to say I'm the only one who does it or to complain about it when I do like it's anything out of the ordinary for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom