Cardinals Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

shoop

Semi-contributing member
LOL, why even mention Smith?
For the lesser intelligent of our fan base who would believe he is still on the team because they don’t notice when someone sucks or would say being him back not realizing he was in another team.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Nope. Von already had about 5 seasons under his belt when they won the Super Bowl He was in the same draft class as Tyron Smith and JJ Watt.
Thank you for the clarification.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It’s as if we finally got FA somewhat right. After having been so inept at it for so damn long. What did we do differently this year?
Dan Quinn

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It’s as if we finally got FA somewhat right. After having been so inept at it for so damn long. What did we do differently this year?
The only drawback is a few of the upgrades were short term fixes (one year contracts). So next Spring we'll be back in the same boat that we were in pre-2021 at the Safety and LB positions.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The only drawback is a few of the upgrades were short term fixes (one year contracts). So next Spring we'll be back in the same boat that we were in pre-2021 at the Safety and LB positions.
You forgot that the subtraction of Jaylon Smith is pretty close to adding a 1st rounder.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You forgot that the subtraction of Jaylon Smith is pretty close to adding a 1st rounder.
This is true. They just have to avoid stumbling into another incompetent LB in 2022.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This is true. They just have to avoid stumbling into another incompetent LB in 2022.
I'm ready for a draft where they just take talent, and it looks like this will be the one.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm ready for a draft where they just take talent, and it looks like this will be the one.
They've sort of done it the last two years, Lamb in particular wasn't a huge need and Parsons was mostly a BPA pick, although they were clearly going for need if a CB was there.

The reach for Joseph was definitely a need pick though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They've sort of done it the last two years, Lamb in particular wasn't a huge need and Parsons was mostly a BPA pick, although they were clearly going for need if a CB was there.

Which is sort of a great example why drafting for need is silly. Dallas last year thought they absolutely needed a starting corner. Couldn't get one in the first and were dead set in one in the second. After all of that, Brown, Diggs and Lewis have been playing well and we didn't need a corner.

We didn't view LBer as a need but ended up with Parsons. Here we are and there is no single player on defense that has had a bigger part in the defensive turnaround.

So during the draft what you think is a need may not really be a need at all. What you don't think may be a need may give you a player that gives you so much more than you thought.

All of this is just to say that you really have no idea what your needs really are. So go get impact guys and fuck needs.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Yeah, the last two years we've been overwhelmingly gifted in the 1st round. Lamb somehow fell to us and we had to take him and then Denver and Carolina did us a fucking solid this past draft.

But I mean throughout the draft, just taking the best player.

They rebuilt this defense in a year, and we didn't think it could be done.

One more year and the team could be set.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For some stupid goddamn reason, the NFL flexed the Panthers game to the late spot. So now I get the indignity of having to stream this fucking game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
For some stupid goddamn reason, the NFL flexed the Panthers game to the late spot. So now I get the indignity of having to stream this fucking game.
I'll get the game, but I've had to watch a few of them like a pirate this season.

Luckily we had a spare laptop that I don't mind exposing to the Internet AIDs.

Top Bottom