Cardinals Stuff...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I barely remember how last year's beat down played out. After they started pouring it on, I Will Smith Men In Black'd this game from my memory.
Same, I barely remember any of last year. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My main memory from last year's game was that Murray kind of looked like a dunce for the most part as a passer early on but the running game killed us, Murray made a few easy throws off that, and of course things spiraled because we were starting Dalton I think.

Daryl Worley blew a coverage that left a WR wide open for like a 70 yard TD which inflated Murray's passing numbers.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
My main memory from last year's game was that Murray kind of looked like a dunce for the most part as a passer early on but the running game killed us, Murray made a few easy throws off that, and of course things spiraled because we were starting Dalton I think.

Daryl Worley blew a coverage that left a WR wide open for like a 70 yard TD which inflated Murray's passing numbers.
Worley...

He struggled in his 4 straight starts and was often targeted in coverage by the opposing teams. In the sixth game against the Arizona Cardinals, he was benched after giving up an 80-yard touchdown reception to wide receiver Christian Kirk, while being in zone coverage. His defensive snaps were limited the rest of the way, until being released on October 28, 2020, as part of a roster purge that included free agency acquisitions Dontari Poe and Everson Griffen. He posted 13 tackles and one pass defensed in 7 appearances with 4 starts.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I remember that play and DeAndre Hopkins getting loose for a long catch and run. It went for 50+ yards, IIRC.

• Picard

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think Jaylon had a really shitty play in that game (it's true!) where he gave up on pursuit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Worley...

He struggled in his 4 straight starts and was often targeted in coverage by the opposing teams. In the sixth game against the Arizona Cardinals, he was benched after giving up an 80-yard touchdown reception to wide receiver Christian Kirk, while being in zone coverage. His defensive snaps were limited the rest of the way, until being released on October 28, 2020, as part of a roster purge that included free agency acquisitions Dontari Poe and Everson Griffen. He posted 13 tackles and one pass defensed in 7 appearances with 4 starts.
I didn't think our defense would be as good as it's been this season, but I had a strong feeling they could at least be a middle of the pack defense just by bringing in competent players who could play sound assignment football.

I think a lot of analysts & media members underestimated how big of a difference it can make just by replacing mistake-prone players with players who may be unspectacular, but who are at least competent pros.

• Props

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
As an aside, how the fuck is Howley not in the Hall of Fame.
  • Two Super appearances
  • One SB ring
  • SB MVP
  • 5x All-Pro
  • 6x Pro Bowler
  • Essentially 11 full seasons
Do you really have to ask why? The 1st team all 70s decade WR had to wait until this past year and watch inferior WRs go ahead of him.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I didn't think our defense would be as good as it's been this season, but I had a strong feeling they could at least be a middle of the pack defense just by bringing in competent players who could play sound assignment football.

I think a lot of analysts & media members underestimated how big of a difference it can make just by replacing mistake-prone players with players who may be unspectacular, but who are at least competent pros.
It’s as if we finally got FA somewhat right. After having been so inept at it for so damn long. What did we do differently this year?

Top Bottom