Brian Flores Sues The NFL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

They really need to stick to addressing this concern. Far more relevant and easier to prove than racism.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Let’s put it out there that if these organizations put these coaches in that position, asking them to lose games, what does that make them if they are only bringing that shut up now?

How do you think it would play if Robert Kraft asked Belichick to go 4-12 so they could draft a QB?

Anyone with an ounce of integrity would quit on the spot if they gave two shits about their career.

At worst they’re complicit if they went along with it, at best they’re stupid for giving them cause for termination based on results.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I do think this gets past any motion to dismiss, but I don't think this statement concedes the point.

On the contrary, if anything, it's evidence of the league's intent and determination to eliminate discrimination in its hiring practices.

Genghis Khan

White NFL coaches have been fired after winning seasons. It happens.

Marty Schottenheimer was fired after going 14-2.

White coaches also were bypassed by the Giants hiring of Daboll.

Meanwhile, Marvin Lewis spent 95 years of mediocrity in Cincinnati.

Genghis Khan

They really need to stick to addressing this concern. Far more relevant and easier to prove than racism.

But what would be his endgame if he doesn't tie it in with racism? There's little to no payoff for him on just the tanking issue.

data

Forbes #1
One can at least hope the owners blame Goodell for not doing enough to prevent this bad publicity and this builds up enough over time to lead to Goodells departure.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You're gonna see calls for an NBA-style lottery if the Fins thing is true.

Genghis Khan

You're gonna see calls for an NBA-style lottery if the Fins thing is true.

Maybe, but NBA teams are probably the biggest culprits of tanking so a lottery system doesn't seem to solve it.

data

Forbes #1
Waiting for evidence of someone offering Steven Ross $500k to lose games.

Genghis Khan

Yeah they still tank. Just that being the worst doesn't actually guarantee you the pick.

Plus there are way more good players coming out in football.

NBA teams still tank even with the lottery AND there only being 1-3 difference makers in any given draft.

In the NFL, if there's a lottery and your tanking "only" gets you the 6th pick, unless there's a generational QB at 1 overall you're still pretty happy.

Top Bottom