Brian Flores Sues The NFL

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Nice virtue signaling interview from Malarkey there, but... what is he saying he did wrong? They told him he was the guy before others were interviewed. So what should he have done? Told the New York Times? Refused the job? What is the big regret?

Also, I wonder if he knows that decision makers can change their minds. They can also lie. Like we hear almost every year now from player with the "They promised me they were going to draft me!" stories.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice virtue signaling interview from Malarkey there, but... what is he saying he did wrong? They told him he was the guy before others were interviewed. So what should he have done? Told the New York Times? Refused the job? What is the big regret?

Also, I wonder if he knows that decision makers can change their minds. They can also lie. Like we hear almost every year now from player with the "They promised me they were going to draft me!" stories.
This is what I was thinking too. What the hell does that have to do with anything. You interview a coach, you want him to feel like he has the job so that he isn't seeking other employment and you continue to interview people. That doesn't make the subsequent interviews a sham. You haven't hired a guy until he is under contract. Hell Malarkey could have taken a different job in the mean time for example. The Titans could have hire Horton after the interview.

Telling someone they have the job means literally nothing until a contract is signed. This is just a bunch of up in arms about nothing. And lets be real, the interviews probably are a sham. We knew that when the Rooney rule was put in place. It was never intended to prevent sham interviews, we were all told that it's simply the act of interviewing a guy that gets his name out there for other jobs potentially and that's why the rule helps. Or at least that's the bullshit that we have been fed.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He didn’t get his way in the draft and it’s because the team discriminated against him? Do I have that right?
:lol

They are racist because they wouldn't draft the guy I wanted. I wonder how many white head coaches have had that very thing happen to them. I'm guessing every single one that wasn't both coach and gm.

Fucking delusional crybabies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

They are racist because they wouldn't draft the guy I wanted. I wonder how many white head coaches have had that very thing happen to them. I'm guessing every single one that wasn't both coach and gm.

Fucking delusional crybabies.
Fucking clown world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All in all, this is a challenge to the NFL that is pretty serious.

It is like the League is just like the Cowboys.

Relevance rules.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any chance the NFL is fudging this thing? Like we have to punish you for tanking but we don't want the world to know that the NFL isn't always a legit competition. So instead we will nail you on some random shit and claim there was no tanking?

Top Bottom