Abortion... yeah or nah?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Saying that all media isn't credible just because of a handful of bad apples seems odd. When a few cops go rogue and are in the news for the wrong reasons, don't you guys chastise people who label all cops bad?

In the case of the story with the 10 year old rape victim, I'm going to believe the media over Twitter Boy's because the media's story has proven to be factual.....the rapist was arrested and dragged in front of a judge. Unless you believe that whole arrest & courtroom thing to be a fabricated lib production with hired actors.

All this Twitter user has is some random conspiracy theory that he probably ran across while browsing some sketchy far-right message forum.
What bugs me most is that not one major media outlet has put it out there that this was illegal alien that did it. Not reporting news can be just as despicable as reporting lies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What bugs me most is that not one major media outlet has put it out there that this was illegal alien that did it. Not reporting news can be just as despicable as reporting lies.
I don't know about CNN & MSNBC but when I got home yesterday evening ABC News was airing a story on it. They even highlighted he was an illegal immigrant.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know about CNN & MSNBC but when I got home yesterday evening ABC News was airing a story on it. They even highlighted he was an illegal immigrant.
That’s good. Did they lie about her HAVING to cross state lines because she couldn’t get the abortion in Ohio?

1bigfan13

Staff member
That’s good. Did they lie about her HAVING to cross state lines because she couldn’t get the abortion in Ohio?
Yeah they said she had to cross state lines for the abortion.

Is there an actual timeline out there that highlights when the girl's family was first made aware of her being raped?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Saying that all media isn't credible just because of a handful of bad apples seems odd. When a few cops go rogue and are in the news for the wrong reasons, don't you guys chastise people who label all cops bad?

In the case of the story with the 10 year old rape victim, I'm going to believe the media over Twitter Boy's because the media's story has proven to be factual.....the rapist was arrested and dragged in front of a judge. Unless you believe that whole arrest & courtroom thing to be a fabricated lib production with hired actors.

All this Twitter user has is some random conspiracy theory that he probably ran across while browsing some sketchy far-right message forum.
I haven't read a word of Twitter Boy's version. Or even much of the media's for that matter.

As for credible media, point me to some. It's been a long time since I've read/watched any that isn't slanted one way or the other.

Your cop analogy doesn't hold much weight with me. Two different things. Every profession in the world has some bad apples. And always have. The news on the other hand, used to report what happened and let their viewers decide for themselves how they felt about it. How long has it been since it's been that way? I don't remember there being "Republican" or "Democrat" news channels. But that is what we have now. And on both of them, facts are skewed or outright left out to sway perception. Same with social media.

You even say it yourself in your last line. 'Sketchy far-right'. So your opinion on the matter is made known right there. And even though I haven't read a single word of it, my opinion of it is already being influenced by yours. If I'm a D, I am already leaning towards believing your interpretation of it. If I'm an R, I'm already defensive and more apt to discredit whatever you say on the subject.

It fucking sucks. But that's where we are today. And agree or not, it's my opinion we as a society have been led to this by our media and their ability to push their agenda at us 24/7.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah they said she had to cross state lines for the abortion.

Is there an actual timeline out there that highlights when the girl's family was first made aware of her being raped?
I actually read that the rape wasn't reported in a timeline that is compliant with the law. And, she didn't have to cross state lines to get it. That's just simply not true.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Staff member
I haven't read a word of Twitter Boy's version. Or even much of the media's for that matter.

As for credible media, point me to some. It's been a long time since I've read/watched any that isn't slanted one way or the other.

Your cop analogy doesn't hold much weight with me. Two different things. Every profession in the world has some bad apples. And always have. The news on the other hand, used to report what happened and let their viewers decide for themselves how they felt about it. How long has it been since it's been that way? I don't remember there being "Republican" or "Democrat" news channels. But that is what we have now. And on both of them, facts are skewed or outright left out to sway perception. Same with social media.

You even say it yourself in your last line. 'Sketchy far-right'. So your opinion on the matter is made known right there. And even though I haven't read a single word of it, my opinion of it is already being influenced by yours. If I'm a D, I am already leaning towards believing your interpretation of it. If I'm an R, I'm already defensive and more apt to discredit whatever you say on the subject.

It fucking sucks. But that's where we are today. And agree or not, it's my opinion we as a society have been led to this by our media and their ability to push their agenda at us 24/7.
That's fair.

Have you ever watched Cheddar News? Over the last few years I've found myself watching a lot of that.

The best way I can describe it is that it's kind of a modern throwback. They cover modern gadgets and tech stuff and the big news stories of the day and it's completely non-partisan like back in the old days.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's fair.

Have you ever watched Cheddar News? Over the last few years I've found myself watching a lot of that.

The best way I can describe it is that it's kind of a modern throwback. They cover modern gadgets and tech stuff and the big news stories of the day and it's completely non-partisan like back in the old days.
I've never heard of that before. Where do you find it?

1bigfan13

Staff member
I actually read that the rape wasn't reported in a timeline that is compliant with the law. And, she didn't have to cross state lines to get it. That's just simply not true.
The reason I asked the question is because I know a lot of rape victims don't report it because the attacker's threatened them and their family. So they hold the secret out of fear. Especially at that age.

Pretty plausible that the girl was feeling ill (possible morning sickness) and the parents took her to the doctor after the symptoms persisted. And that's when they found out she was pregnant.

That's just how I was thinking through the process. I guess we'll have to take the LT approach.....wait and see. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've never heard of that before. Where do you find it?
I started watching it a few years ago at work because it was one of 4 channels we could get in the office. It's on DirecTV as well, channel 354.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The reason I asked the question is because I know a lot of rape victims don't report it because the attacker's threatened them and their family. So they hold the secret out of fear. Especially at that age.

Pretty plausible that the girl was feeling ill (possible morning sickness) and the parents took her to the doctor after the symptoms persisted. And that's when they found out she was pregnant.

That's just how I was thinking through the process. I guess we'll have to take the LT approach.....wait and see. :lol
Indiana Attorney General investigating the Dr for not reporting the rape. Posted video in post #807

1bigfan13

Staff member
Indiana Attorney General investigating the Dr for not reporting the rape. Posted video in post #807
Quick question regarding the clip.

If she's an abortion activist wouldn't she want to report the incident ASAP so that the girl could get an abortion easier? What's her incentive not to report?

If you don't know that's fine, I'm bored at work and can go down the Google trail myself.

1bigfan13

Staff member

If she's an abortion activist wouldn't she want to report the incident ASAP so that the girl could get an abortion easier? What's her incentive not to report?

If you don't know that's fine, I'm bored at work and can go down the Google trail myself.
Disregard my question. Found the answer.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Not sure

1bigfan13

Staff member
I found the answer as to why she's being investigated.

She treated the girl early in the month and told her local media about it but there's questions as to whether or not she notified law enforcement as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I found the answer as to why she's being investigated.

She treated the girl early in the month and told her local media about it but there's questions as to whether or not she notified law enforcement as well.
When she told the media did she start the lie that the girl couldn't get an abortion there and would have to cross into another state?

1bigfan13

Staff member
When she told the media did she start the lie that the girl couldn't get an abortion there and would have to cross into another state?
According to the Indianapolis Star article that I read, she sad she received a call from a colleague in Ohio after RvW was reversed. It reads as though the girl was already past 6 weeks pregnant when the doctor was first notified about the issue. The blurb is copied below.

On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Top Bottom