2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Parsons only rushing 50% would probably be ideal.

Found an article from last year that stated in his rookie year he spent 57% of snaps at LB and 43 as DE. Second year went up to 81 DE 19 LB, and I'd imagine the ratio was even worse this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the right price probably any of them, but I agree you ideally want as much of a full time guy as you can.
Yeah and I wouldn't be surprised if more RB's don't shake loose. It's a position that seems to be the first to be cut when a team needs money. Hey, we can bring Zeke back, he should be well rested... Just turn the clocks back to the Pollard and Zeke show. The 3.5 YPC last season with the Patriots isn't very inspiring.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Lawrence the last true Hot Boy? His tired comments combined with his love of the "hot boyz" has me about ready to move on from him. He is a leader on the defense FFS and I question his leadership.
I think he is the Last of the Mohicans.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Pollard needs to return to the role he had 2 years ago. What he was last year wasn't worth 5 mil. So the question is, does a complimentary RB who is really good in that role, quantify 5 mil? I have a hard time thinking it's financially worth it. If we bring Pollard back RB is still a major priority. Or at least it needs to be.
NO team is signing him as a #1 RB... and if we do get Henry, he's gone regardless. A draft pick would take his spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well yeah we don't want two older RBs. Draft a dude. Wish this RB class looked better but there are guys in this class that will be good NFL players.
Yeah, either way a new veteran who can legitimately run the rock if needed has to be the priority.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Well yeah we don't want two older RBs. Draft a dude. Wish this RB class looked better but there are guys in this class that will be good NFL players.
I meant salary wise, we get Henry, he'd be too much even at his minimum.

Is Lawrence the last true Hot Boy? His tired comments combined with his love of the "hot boyz" has me about ready to move on from him. He is a leader on the defense FFS and I question his leadership.
well let’s put it this way … if he gives Zim that excuse … I’m sure there will be a foot directly in someone’s ass…. So he can leave that “ tired “ shit at the interview table …we don’t need part time employees

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Former Cowboys Guard Dead at 49
By Stacey Ritzen,
20 hours ago

Former NFL guard Tony Hutson, who played for the Dallas Cowboys from 1996 through 1999, died earlier this month at age 49.

News of Hutson's passing surfaced in an online obituary but his cause of death is unknown. His former teammate Randall Godfrey posted a tribute on Facebook on Feb. 4, writing that he had lost one of his favorite teammates and great friends.

"Our 1996 Dallas Cowboys rookies had a special bond," Godfrey wrote. "He made several trips to Valdosta to help with my annual football camps. I cherished every moment that he had me crying after laughing so hard."

"One of my fishing buddies and much more," he added. "I just knew we would be connecting soon. You caught us off guard with this one. Take your rest my brother."

Hutson was an offensive tackle at MacArthur High School in Harris County, TX, receiving All-State, All-Greater Houston and All-District honors as a senior. He then played college football at Kilgore College before later transferring to Northeastern Oklahoma State University.

However, his pro football career was almost over before it began after a golf-ball sized tumor was discovered behind his right lung after being selected an undrafted free agent in the 1996 NFL Draft. After undergoing surgery to remove the tumor, he was signed as a rookie player with the Cowboys.

"A lot of teams thought it was cancer, so that scared them off, but it all turned out fine," Hutson told The Oklahoman in 1996. "While I was lying in my hospital bed, recovering from surgery, I got a call from my agent who had talked to Dallas, so we decided to sign with the Cowboys. It's great to be with a winning team."

After being dropped by the Cowboys in 1999, he played one season each with the Washington Redskins in 2000 and to the Oakland Raiders practice squad in 2001, but his career was plagued with injury and he retired for good after the 2001 season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By Stacey Ritzen,
20 hours ago

Former NFL guard Tony Hutson, who played for the Dallas Cowboys from 1996 through 1999, died earlier this month at age 49.

News of Hutson's passing surfaced in an online obituary but his cause of death is unknown. His former teammate Randall Godfrey posted a tribute on Facebook on Feb. 4, writing that he had lost one of his favorite teammates and great friends.

"Our 1996 Dallas Cowboys rookies had a special bond," Godfrey wrote. "He made several trips to Valdosta to help with my annual football camps. I cherished every moment that he had me crying after laughing so hard."

"One of my fishing buddies and much more," he added. "I just knew we would be connecting soon. You caught us off guard with this one. Take your rest my brother."

Hutson was an offensive tackle at MacArthur High School in Harris County, TX, receiving All-State, All-Greater Houston and All-District honors as a senior. He then played college football at Kilgore College before later transferring to Northeastern Oklahoma State University.

However, his pro football career was almost over before it began after a golf-ball sized tumor was discovered behind his right lung after being selected an undrafted free agent in the 1996 NFL Draft. After undergoing surgery to remove the tumor, he was signed as a rookie player with the Cowboys.

"A lot of teams thought it was cancer, so that scared them off, but it all turned out fine," Hutson told The Oklahoman in 1996. "While I was lying in my hospital bed, recovering from surgery, I got a call from my agent who had talked to Dallas, so we decided to sign with the Cowboys. It's great to be with a winning team."

After being dropped by the Cowboys in 1999, he played one season each with the Washington Redskins in 2000 and to the Oakland Raiders practice squad in 2001, but his career was plagued with injury and he retired for good after the 2001 season.

RIP

By Stacey Ritzen,
20 hours ago

Prob got the jab

Top Bottom