2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can you imagine if bb's momma had named him Durrell?

p1_

DCC 4Life

let that marinade a while. Terrible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He looked really really bad yesterday (as did the other guys), so I don't think I would bother bringing him back.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What are your thought on one of the young WRs, either Tolbert or Brooks, taking a step forward and assuming the WR3 spot?

Tolbert seemed to progress the most and seems like the obvious choice replace to Gallup. I thought he did a decent job with the opportunities he was given.

With Lamb's contract coming up and Cooks being under contract for another year, I don't see them being in the market for a FA receiver.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

He looked really really bad yesterday (as did the other guys), so I don't think I would bother bringing him back.
I thought he was solid covering routes 15 yards and in that were outside the hashes. Anything other than that he was pretty ordinary, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

He's fine and he brought a lot of professionalism and savvy to the team.

I would definitely bring him back on a reasonable deal. Him, Diggs, and Bland are more than good enough as a trio with a more well rounded and physical defense around them.

Gilmore is the least of our issues.

data

Forbes #1
With Lamb's contract coming up and Cooks being under contract for another year, I don't see them being in the market for a FA receiver.
Yup. Proven now that yeehaw regular season offense doesn't translate to playoffs.

Defense gets priority, and running offense next.

data

Forbes #1

I would definitely bring him back on a reasonable deal. Him, Diggs, and Bland are more than good enough as a trio with a more well rounded and physical defense around them.

Only roster player with championship experience, I believe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He isn't an issue. He was a one year rental who will now undergo surgery.

There is no reason to even factor him into the occasion.

Diggs is also not going to be his old self like nothing ever happened.

He will be tentative until he trusts his knee again. And it is not like he is a superb technician to begin with.

That is another thing that is an issue going forward.

This defense has a bunch of guys who don't translate well to another scheme outside of Quinn's design...like our entire LB and S corps.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Only roster player with championship experience, I believe.
Very solid addition all around.

We should be mixing up our coverages not going exclusively man one game and an exclusively zone like we did yesterday.

You put him in that situation, and he's going to limit catches and get you picks.

As good as Dan Quinn was for us for the last 3 years my biggest right with him is that he wasn't great at adjusting and just stubbornly stuck to one way of playing time and time again. And that really came back to bite Us in the ass this season because we weren't as solid or talented all around like we had been the two years prior.

The best coaches know how to modify things when needed and don't stubbornly or blindly stick to just one way of doing things.

You get the right coaching and system in here and Gilmore can continue to be an asset for us.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He isn't an issue. He was a one year rental who will now undergo surgery.

There is no reason to even factor him into the occasion.

Diggs is also not going to be his old self like nothing ever happened.

He will be tentative until he trusts his knee again. And it is not like he is a superb technician to begin with.

That is another thing that is an issue going forward.

This defense has a bunch of guys who don't translate well to another scheme outside of Quinn's design...like our entire LB and S corps.
What you said about Diggs is more of a reason to bring him back if he's willing to return on a reasonable deal.

Top Bottom