2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
Zeke is still good for short yardage, and thats it.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Reading that it sounds like more base 4-3 with WLB Clark, MLB Kendrick, Overshown SLB.

Guess that means the tiniest DE in the league will be a DE. Truly fucking retarded. He'll dominate 75% of the year, start gassing towards end of season and have little for playoffs if they make them as usual.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reading that it sounds like more base 4-3 with WLB Clark, MLB Kendrick, Overshown SLB.

Guess that means the tiniest DE in the league will be a DE. Truly fucking retarded. He'll dominate 75% of the year, start gassing towards end of season and have little for playoffs if they make them as usual.
They should jist rest him more. Like hey, don't play him on 95% of the snaps. Use Kneeland and Sam Williams plenty.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
7. LB room focus is getting a lot of guys to COMPETE! They want the best guys on the field. They want way more LBs in that room entering the season.
I do not believe that this means they are going to be playing a 4-3 DL. They just want the best three linebackers on the field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not believe that this means they are going to be playing a 4-3 DL. They just want the best three linebackers on the field.
Yeah I would think they want 5 LBers + Parsons. Odds are at least one of your three starters is going to miss time. So you need the depth.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yeah I would think they want 5 LBers + Parsons. Odds are at least one of your three starters is going to miss time. So you need the depth.
I can imagine Zimmer emphatically saying: "we are not going to have a repeat of 2023 at the linebacker position" as he signed his contract.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
:lol

One of the ex GMs on ESPN just said touch of downs Will Shipley, drafted to be a backup, would be, by far, the best RB on the Cowboys roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this washed up queer gets close to 4 ypc, I guess you could count it as a win.
Well he should be well rested now. I'm still shocked by how little we care about RB for a team that desperately needs a dominant running game.

And at WR, it's Brooks, Tolbert and Flournoy competing for WR3 and serious snaps? Oh boy. We seriously lack in terms of offensive weapons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't fix everything in one draft. It's why you plug holes in free agency. But we could be in for a really long year on offense. Especially if even one guy gets hurt. Again, not the drafts fault. You went in there and got the best guys available and long term that's going to pay off the best. We just had too many holes.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well he should be well rested now. I'm still shocked by how little we care about RB for a team that desperately needs a dominant running game.

And at WR, it's Brooks, Tolbert and Flournoy competing for WR3 and serious snaps? Oh boy. We seriously lack in terms of offensive weapons.
You forgot Martavis Bryant. Secret weapon.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
You can't fix everything in one draft. It's why you plug holes in free agency. But we could be in for a really long year on offense. Especially if even one guy gets hurt. Again, not the drafts fault. You went in there and got the best guys available and long term that's going to pay off the best. We just had too many holes.
At the very least, RB could have been filled relatively cheaply and easily. They didn't even try. Cue the blathering about cap space, 365 days per year, and whatever else.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The draft was tainted by blowing that bonus 3rd round pick with a reach instead of getting the best RB or, heck, trading down again.

But I liked the three top picks alot, and even the CB we picked up in the 5th.

Three major contributors on the lines will be very welcome

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Any of you tweeters seen any action from Brock Hoffman since Beebe was drafted?

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think that was the move.

You probably still get your lineback plus one of the running backs.
Yeah I mean if you really wanted Lloyd or Wright you take them with that end of the third pick. If you aren't that in love than just trade down.

Honestly, I think they liked both of those two but who knows.

Top Bottom