2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The funny thing if we trade for a running back, even if it's a pretty good one, is that everyone knows we're desperate so I'm sure we all know how that'll end up.

Well, not funny haha. Rape is never funny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pierce - Yes, they did get Mixon but getting rid of him would mean Jahwar Jordan is much better than I think.

It would be nice to understand exactly why he is in their doghouse so bad.

Maybe he is a bad fit for their new offense versus what he was in the previous year.

There is also talk that when he was inserted into the game that his plays were telegraphed, namely they ran when he was in the game because he was not used in the passing game.

Allegier - Like most of these names, if the Falcons trade him, they are left with bare bones in their RB room unless Jase McClennan makes him expendable.

Connor - See above post.

The rest of these are trash.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bell, maybe one of these schlubo CBs in Wright or Scott.

The Skins don't have much at RB though, someone like Brian Robinson or Chris Rodriguez would be underwhelming.
I'd take either guy for Scott and Wright combo deal. We drafted a better corner than both in the fifth.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
For instance, I'd love Pierce, but why would they get rid of him? Mixon is a stud but the tread is quickly wearing off that tire.

I bet they just wait for cuts and pick up the scraps left out by the curb.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For instance, I'd love Pierce, but why would they get rid of him? Mixon is a stud but the tread is quickly wearing off that tire.

I bet they just wait for cuts and pick up the scraps left out by the curb.
Yeah a team trading a RB is probably trying to get out of a bad contract. Miles Sanders would make sense for that reason.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah a team trading a RB is probably trying to get out of a bad contract. Miles Sanders would make sense for that reason.
True, but ugh, I don't even like him. I think he was maxed out in that specialized role in Philly. We need a bigger body than that. I thought that was the whole problem with Pollard.

Wait, what am I thinking? Zeke is a bigger body. :budd

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pierce - Yes, they did get Mixon but getting rid of him would mean Jahwar Jordan is much better than I think.

It would be nice to understand exactly why he is in their doghouse so bad.

Maybe he is a bad fit for their new offense versus what he was in the previous year.

There is also talk that when he was inserted into the game that his plays were telegraphed, namely they ran when he was in the game because he was not used in the passing game.

Allegier - Like most of these names, if the Falcons trade him, they are left with bare bones in their RB room unless Jase McClennan makes him expendable.

Connor - See above post.

The rest of these are trash.
Allegier would be one of my top choices, they may decide they're fine with Bijan and the rookie now that they have a new staff in place that isn't obsessed with running 40 times a game like Arthur Smith.

Pierce would be awesome as well.

I'd also take a look at Khalil Herbert, the Bears signed Swift and might be willing to part with Herbert for a late round pick before he leaves as a FA next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought that was the whole problem with Pollard.
I mean we are so bad right now that I'd take Pollard on the cheap in a heart beat. We aren't getting any better at RB from last year. That's a pipe dream. We had that chance in the draft and we didn't. We had the chance in free agency and we didn't. Now the best we can hope for is getting back to something similar to last years RB room with a better Oline. Which because of Beebe is actually a real possibility.

Ollie Gordon is your new dream at this point.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I mean we are so bad right now that I'd take Pollard on the cheap in a heart beat. We aren't getting any better at RB from last year. That's a pipe dream. We had that chance in the draft and we didn't. We had the chance in free agency and we didn't. Now the best we can hope for is getting back to something similar to last years RB room with a better Oline. Which because of Beebe is actually a real possibility.

Ollie Gordon is your new dream at this point.
1st round RB and a telegraphed pick on top of that!

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The funny thing if we trade for a running back, even if it's a pretty good one, is that everyone knows we're desperate so I'm sure we all know how that'll end up.

Well, not funny haha. Rape is never funny.

You should never rape. I mean, unless you wanna fuck somebody and they won't let you...

Louis CK

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
True, but ugh, I don't even like him. I think he was maxed out in that specialized role in Philly. We need a bigger body than that. I thought that was the whole problem with Pollard.

Wait, what am I thinking? Zeke is a bigger body. :budd
Well, if we were to get Zeke our pass protection would be much improved, but beyond that...

Top Bottom