2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or he watched closely, but with the eyes of a lovesick teenager who thinks his 4 girlfriend is a 10.
Good analogy. I'd go hunt hard for a RB in the fifth but I am convinced we won't take RB even then. One of the RBs that goes fifth or later in this draft will be a good player. But we won't even try. All those predraft visits and hard scouting of the position and I really think it was Brooks or bust in Jerry's mind.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good analogy. I'd go hunt hard for a RB in the fifth but I am convinced we won't take RB even then. One of the RBs that goes fifth or later in this draft will be a good player. But we won't even try. All those predraft visits and hard scouting of the position and I really think it was Brooks or bust in Jerry's mind.

Yeah and it's not really even the 5th since it's compensatory. It's a long ass wait.

I'm guessing they'll be on the yacht during the 4th instead of trying to move up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
David Moore was saying last night that when he'd mention backs around the third, his people in the organization would tell him, you're too jumpy on these backs, there'll be good ones there later.

Now I don't agree with that, I think a Benson is going to be much better than, say, the guy from Louisville, but I guess that's what the team is thinking.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah and it's not really even the 5th since it's compensatory. It's a long ass wait.

I'm guessing they'll be on the yacht during the 4th instead of trying to move up.
It's true, I want to make a list of RBs I love left. There are plenty but then by our pick most of those guys will be gone. And then when we make the pick and it's a corner or safety I'll just be that much more depressed.

We are so thin on offensive weapons. I sort of feel like right now we have Lamb and then shit. You're going to pay Lamb, you kind of need to surround him with cheap weapons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I don't agree with that, I think a Benson is going to be much better than, say, the guy from Louisville, but I guess that's what the team is thinking.
I mean right now I can list backs that might be just as good or similar. But by the end of the fifth? We will be drafting McClellan or something.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There are plenty of names but these dipshits better not sit on their hands for 70 picks hoping one falls. They traded a future pick last year to take some schlubo named Eric Scott who will probably be cut in about 5 months, they can do the same here for a guy who would likely be our best RB on the roster day 1 (Wright, Allen, Estime, maybe even Davis).

Top Bottom