2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
And shockingly no RB's. Before the draft if you told me we wouldn't draft a single RB I'd tell you no way. They absolutely have to get a RB. Nope.

We are rolling with Royce, Rico, Deuce and Zeke (imminent). That group scares the piss out of me in terms of awfulness. But the draft isn't about filling positions. We fucked up RB long ago. We fucked it up by totally ignoring the position since we drafted Pollard over 4 years ago.
Probably give Duece 20 carries per game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And shockingly no RB's. Before the draft if you told me we wouldn't draft a single RB I'd tell you no way. They absolutely have to get a RB. Nope.

We are rolling with Royce, Rico, Deuce and Zeke (imminent). That group scares the piss out of me in terms of awfulness. But the draft isn't about filling positions. We fucked up RB long ago. We fucked it up by totally ignoring the position since we drafted Pollard over 4 years ago.
I was talking about GOOD things happening.

Why you gotta harsh my vibe?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
By show of hands now, who here would have been happy to get Jonathan Brooks with our 2nd instead of the DE? Most people here were strongly against taking him there when the round started. But now seeing how it all ended... Would you change your mind?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
By show of hands now, who here would have been happy to get Jonathan Brooks with our 2nd instead of the DE? Most people here were strongly against taking him there when the round started. But now seeing how it all ended... Would you change your mind?
Good question.

I'll stick with the DE. I have PTSD about how our players don't recover from knee injuries.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not falling for your trap. I take Kneeland over Brooks all day long. It's not my fault they went full retard with our second third round pick and didn't get a RB. That was a prime spot to get a legit starter. Instead we took a special teams/fourth string LBer. The rest of the draft I'm great with. Seriously, I think we did good the rest of the draft. I think we could have three legit long term starters out of this draft. And probably some other legit contributors/rotational guys. But we missed the chance of having a sure fire starting RB with a late third round pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Good question.

I'll stick with the DE. I have PTSD about how our players don't recover from knee injuries.
I wasn't nearly as against Brooks as a lot of people, but I think I agree. Now, if we would have made some boneheaded pick instead, I would have preferred Brooks, of course. But I really think Kneeland is going to be a player, and fills a sneaky need we had that wasn't being talked about much.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Still taking the DE. It may be out of spite but I don't care.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm not falling for your trap. I take Kneeland over Brooks all day long. It's not my fault they went full retard with our second third round pick and didn't get a RB. That was a prime spot to get a legit starter. Instead we took a special teams/fourth string LBer. The rest of the draft I'm great with. Seriously, I think we did good the rest of the draft. I think we could have three legit long term starters out of this draft. And probably some other legit contributors/rotational guys.
No trap. Just the benefit of hindsight of would you rather have Brooks over NOTHING.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No trap. Just the benefit of hindsight of would you rather have Brooks over NOTHING.
One mistake doesn't fix another. So no I wouldn't have taken Brooks. But that's because I would have taken Lloyd in the third. They fucked up RB but in my book that has nothing to do with missing out on Brooks. There was more than one RB in this draft and Brooks wasn't at the top of the list for me.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I look to bring in Frank Gore jr at the very least in UDFA along with Dillion Johnson .

You can probably guarantee M Wiley is coming.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I sign as many UDFA running backs as I can. Let them fight it out for what will probably vault them right up to the top of our RB pecking order.

Hell, our RB depth chart as it stands now would probably be why they'd want to sign here. Pretty damn good chance to make the team out of camp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Goof Son in response to the RB situation gives us his fucking 365-days a year answer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Part of this draft was to get younger and cheaper on the OL.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fat Mike actually is talking up Dowdle and then throws in how good Royce Freeman is on special teams.

"And like Steve said, it's not over."

Top Bottom