2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

Which explains why we have added exactly ONE. Brilliant work, Newy.
Is it still football tho? I seem to remember good teams and some bad ones running the fucking ball down our throat. Guess you don't need any of those RBs because you still paying Fat Zeke 6 mil

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll bet we take a RB here, just so Jerry can say we got one.

Blake Watson RB Memphis in 3...2...1...

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I mean another good pick. 6th round projection on NFL.com

If we would have taken Lloyd instead of the LB in the third, no complaints at all.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I mean another good pick. 6th round projection on NFL.com

If we would have taken Lloyd instead of the LB in the third, no complaints at all.
The draft as a whole was pretty good, imo. But yeah... That LBer might turn out to be a good player. Time will tell. But swap him out with somebody like Lloyd or Wright, and suddenly this draft is a homerun. Top to bottom. But missing out on that RB just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big NT type. Take that for what you will about how they view Mazi.
I mean they probably feel like they need more than just one D-lineman over 300 pounds. Literally unless you think Carl Davis is legit, we have Mazi and Osa. Osa is what 287? Maybe Golston can back him up but he isn't big either.

So yeah, you kind of need another big dude. Even if it's for goal line defense. And frankly I'm not sure Mazi is over 300. I think they are trying to get him back there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
SUMMARY: Justin Rogers, the middle child of seven boys, was born and raised in Detroit and started playing football in sixth grade in the Detroit Police Athletic League. Two years later, he received his first scholarship offer (Kentucky) as an eighth grader. He was a four-year starter at Oak Park High and the top-ranked recruit in Michigan. He committed to Kentucky over Alabama and Georgia and played three seasons before transferring to Auburn for his senior year in 2023. There isn’t much mystery with Rogers, who has cement cleats, but blockers have a tough time moving him once he drops his weight and puts down roots (he plays heavy, which is both a good and bad thing). In the run game, he lacks range, but can push/reorganize bodies up front, creating opportunities for his teammates. Overall, Rogers is a short-area player with marginal length and pass-rush value, but he has the stoutness to be part of a rotation as an early down run stopper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well boys, the draft is in the books and we didn't take one player with injury or character concerns.

Baby steps...
And shockingly no RB's. Before the draft if you told me we wouldn't draft a single RB I'd tell you no way. They absolutely have to get a RB. Nope.

We are rolling with Royce, Rico, Deuce and Zeke (imminent). That group scares the piss out of me in terms of awfulness. But the draft isn't about filling positions. We fucked up RB long ago. We fucked it up by totally ignoring the position since we drafted Pollard over 4 years ago.

Hopefully we at least go hard for the UDFA RB's like Gore, Bailey, Dillon Johnson. I mean really if you're an undrafted RB I'd be salivating to go to the Cowboys. The worst RB group in the NFL. Best chance to go from undrafted to NFL starter.

Top Bottom