2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What about them?
They didn't win but made the SB and signed that RB that ran over us a month before the playoffs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By show of hands now, who here would have been happy to get Jonathan Brooks with our 2nd instead of the DE? Most people here were strongly against taking him there when the round started. But now seeing how it all ended... Would you change your mind?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This guy is better than most OL coaches. It makes you wonder if he makes more doing his own Academy than it would being an NFL coach. If the money is remotely close, he is doing things the right way.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This guy is better than most OL coaches. It makes you wonder if he makes more doing his own Academy than it would being an NFL coach. If the money is remotely close, he is doing things the right way.
I'm sure he does, and the hours are a million times better. Plus he can't be fired.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If it weren't for the stupid ass RB situation I'd say this class was a grand slam. As it stands, RB is obviously a huge gaping hole of shit so my enthusiasm is tempered, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel as good or better about this class than almost any in the last 15-20 years.

Obviously it'll be hard to supplant a class like 2005, 2016 or 2020, but I think this group has the potential to be right up there if certain guys pan out/reach expectations.

At the very least I expect this to be one of our better classes in the last 10 years, even if it's more about depth than about having a few top-end potential HOF-level performers like Lamb or Parsons.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
If it weren't for the stupid ass RB situation I'd say this class was a grand slam. As it stands, RB is obviously a huge gaping hole of shit so my enthusiasm is tempered, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel as good or better about this class than almost any in the last 15-20 years.

Obviously it'll be hard to supplant a class like 2005, 2016 or 2020, but I think this group has the potential to be right up there if certain guys pan out/reach expectations.

At the very least I expect this to be one of our better classes in the last 10 years, even if it's more about depth than about having a few top-end potential HOF-level performers like Lamb or Parsons.
Nate Peater, bro. RB is GTG.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
By show of hands now, who here would have been happy to get Jonathan Brooks with our 2nd instead of the DE? Most people here were strongly against taking him there when the round started. But now seeing how it all ended... Would you change your mind?
I'm burnt out on 1st & 2nd rounders coming off major injuries or with medical red flags. It's rarely worked out for the Cowboys. So I wanted no part of Brooks. I was happy when I saw that Carolina jumped up to save us from another risky draft pick.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We are rolling with Royce, Rico, Deuce and Zeke (imminent). That group scares the piss out of me in terms of awfulness.
This group reminds me of the eclectic group of spare parts that Tom Brady was typically forced to play with in New England.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
You are insulting those backs. This is legitimately the worst I have felt about the position since what we had left after the Walker trade.
Yup, these guys collectively have no shot at average 4 ypc. And the odds go way down if they sign Zeke.

Top Bottom