2024 Cowboys UDFA Thread…

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We have an incompetent GM?

Oh wait, remember how we were told how kick ass awesome Will McClay is and that he's our real GM?

Well he sucks a fat cock too.

I don't think this is on mcclay. I don't think Mcclay is telling them not to draft a RB or sign one in UDFA.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think this is on mcclay. I don't think Mcclay is telling them not to draft a RB or sign one in UDFA.
He's part of their stupid ass triumvirate. Everyone is always telling me that old-ass Jerry isn't really in charge anymore and we are in good hands with McClay every time we do something good in personnel.

He can take the fucking blame when the plans go to shit. Or when their lack of plans turn out exactly like you'd expect a lack of a plan to turn out.

He's the Director of Personnel or whatever the fuck. He needs to direct his GM that they need a goddamn RB at some point and that Davis and Dowdle suck donkey dicks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry doesn't make or oversee every decision anymore, but this is one of those times where he inserts himself to get his way.

And his way right now is he wants one of his all time favorite pets back.

Can't wait for our starting running back to make 2019 Jason Witten look like Tyreek Hill.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry doesn't make or oversee every decision anymore, but this is one of those times where he inserts himself to get his way.

And his way right now is he wants one of his all time favorite pets back.

Can't wait for our starting running back to make 2019 Jason Witten look like Tyreek Hill.
Do we even have a spot for Luepke anymore? Zeke is basically a less athletic version of him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Do we even have a spot for Luepke anymore? Zeke is basically a less athletic version of him.
Plus he won't play any special teams, which your borderline RBs usually have to do.

They were talking up our third round LB's ability on special teams, and now we're probably going to have to make someone inactive who would have played STs.

So frustrating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Plus he won't play any special teams, which your borderline RBs usually have to do.

They were talking up our third round LB's ability on special teams, and now we're probably going to have to make someone inactive who would have played STs.

So frustrating.
Hey, you don’t know what the physical profile is for these new special teams players is. He is a great player who will do whatever is asked.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We have an incompetent GM?

Oh wait, remember how we were told how kick ass awesome Will McClay is and that he's our real GM?

Well he sucks a fat cock too.
MClay probably isn’t as good as people were claiming, but I don’t think he’s nearly as bad as you’re claiming, either. Remember, he still has to contend with the Jones boys.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, McClay is the draft guy, but that's not all a GM does. The biggest thing he doesn't do is hire the coaches and other staff.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm sure he's not the official budget setter but buffoon senior and junior don't know what they are doing and assuredly defer to him on most matters that are over their head. I think McClay is very involved with free agency.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure he's not the official budget setter but buffoon senior and junior don't know what they are doing and assuredly defer to him on most matters that are over their head. I think McClay is very involved with free agency.
So you think McClay says, hey don't sign anyone? Or he gets a budget of 50 cents and just isn't doing enough with it?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So you think McClay says, hey don't sign anyone? Or he gets a budget of 50 cents and just isn't doing enough with it?
I think he tells them he's comfortable with Vaughn, Davis and Dowdle if push comes to shove. Or with signing Zeke as a fall back.

And they rely on that.

If he was sounding a five alarm fire warning for the position I think they get motivated to do something about it in free agency besides washed up Elliott.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom