2024 Cowboys UDFA Thread…

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We're not anymore. But I don't think that means we can't be competitive for mid tier running backs. We didn't even call any of them, so, it's not that they turned us down.

And Henry's comments implied he would have come to Dallas had we even tried to sign him. We could be as much of a destination as most other places if we wanted to be.

Genghis Khan

We could have just as easily signed another LBer fairly cheap and gone into the draft not really needing one at all. But that costs some money. And probably a comp pick. I will say next years draft will be refreshing have the comp picks and not missing fourth and fifth rounders. Just sucks that we really are punting on this season. And in that case maybe RB is better next year. Don't burn a year on a RB's legs on a wasted season. The RB is just more the final piece.

I don't know. I'd be feeling pretty good about the team right now had we signed Henry. We'd be very tough to stop.

Genghis Khan

One thing that can be used as a defense for not getting a RB in the draft or UDFA is the strength of the position.

The first back was not chosen until pick 46 with Jonathon Brooks.

That is the worst since 2014.

In that draft, see anybody that had a good career?

View attachment 694785

Even if it's a piss poor RB class, that's all the more reason to sign a good one in free agency.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know. I'd be feeling pretty good about the team right now had we signed Henry. We'd be very tough to stop.
This is true. I'd feel pretty good about the offense at least. With these run blockers and a big old hammer running the ball. You may be able to get back to the roots of Dak's rookie year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And Henry's comments implied he would have come to Dallas had we even tried to sign him. We could be as much of a destination as most other places if we wanted to be.
If not more-so. No state income tax, reasonable cost of living, good food, and zero accountability from the organization if you underperform.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If not more-so. No state income tax, reasonable cost of living, good food, and zero accountability from the organization if you underperform.
I get what you people are saying but the results do not play out. IF Dallas would pay market, he would be here.

Genghis Khan

Is it? Hendershit and Schooenerpooner are the only players in his way.

I understand that but one, he's getting a little too much love so far considering he's a UDFA and half these hype people never heard of him til about 48 hours ago, and two Schoonmun is a 2nd rounder from a year ago who will be given every opportunity to get on the field over him.

And three, I'm not sure John Stephens isn't well ahead of him also.

I think it's premature to start making assumptions on this guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I understand that but one, he's getting a little too much love so far considering he's a UDFA and half these hype people never heard of him til about 48 hours ago, and two Schoonmun is a 2nd rounder from a year ago who will be given every opportunity to get on the field over him.

And three, I'm not sure John Stephens isn't well ahead of him to start.

In terms of the TE class in this draft he was known. He is one-dimensional for certain, but he is a nice blocker. Not many teams value that guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In terms of the TE class in this draft he was known. He is one-dimensional for certain, but he is a nice blocker. Not many teams value that guy.
I'll be honest I gave zero attention to the TEs in this class. Just didn't bother since we didn't need one. But we could use kind of a badass blocker. I think it makes a lot of sense for our number 2 TE to be a good blocker. They won't see that many throws.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll be honest I gave zero attention to the TEs in this class. Just didn't bother since we didn't need one. But we could use kind of a badass blocker. I think it makes a lot of sense for our number 2 TE to be a good blocker. They won't see that many throws.
We are going to be a slow plodding offense, the writing is on the wall. He fits.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean I've never been a fan of the 2 TE offense somehow being dynamic. It's a running formation in my book.
And we are going to run with Elliott, Dowdle and Vaughn. All this shit is figured out.

p1_

DCC 4Life

And three, I'm not sure John Stephens isn't well ahead of him also.

You can’t get ahead your skis on Stephens either.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I get what you people are saying but the results do not play out. IF Dallas would pay market, he would be here.
That’s much more a reflection of the Clampett’s being cheap ass tightwads than the City of Dallas not being an attractive destination. We aren’t talking about Lubbock, here.

Top Bottom