2024 Cowboys UDFA Thread…

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Deuce Vaughn can be the next McCaffery. Yeah, I said it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I really just hope he didn't have a chance last year because he really showed nothing with the carries he got.

That's the thing. I loved him when we drafted him, and I get we could have used him better..but he didn't show anything at all in the few opportunities he got.

It's not encouraging.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's the thing. I loved him when we drafted him, and I get we could have used him better..but he didn't show anything at all in the few opportunities he got.

It's not encouraging.
He had a shit line at the time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He had a shit line at the time.
He barely got any carries and the few he did, he didn't even have a chance. Wasn't it the Giants game where we were up like 40 points and he got several carries? The Giants knew we were running out the clock and stacked the line. He had nowhere to go. Emmitt in his prime wouldn't have gotten any yards on those plays.

Much more concerning for me is how few chances the coaches even gave him. I'm afraid the coaches see him as too small and won't even give him a shot.

And who knows, maybe they're right. Maybe he's too light to pass protect or whatever. But I still don't doubt that he can run the ball.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Much more concerning for me is how few chances the coaches even gave him. I'm afraid the coaches see him as too small and won't even give him a shot.
I mean in all fairness a 5'5" 176 pound dude scares me too. I don't care about being short but you'd like to see your RB at least pushing 200 pounds. But hey, right now he is my favorite RB on the roster. Which says less about him than it does about the other RBs. Hopefully he at least added some muscle mass in the offseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, we didn't draft a DT high but it is interesting that the two DT's we did bring in from the draft are your 330 pound type NT's. It is telling about the types that we brought in. I would have liked to see maybe a more complete DT brought in. Like a Keith Randolph, Gabe Hall or Leonard Taylor. Just because I think we are kind of naked behind Osa as well. I mean you do need a DT to generate a pass rush sometimes. And I hate relying on 265 pound DE's playing DT to do that. But it is what it is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean in all fairness a 5'5" 176 pound dude scares me too. I don't care about being short but you'd like to see your RB at least pushing 200 pounds. But hey, right now he is my favorite RB on the roster. Which says less about him than it does about the other RBs. Hopefully he at least added some muscle mass in the offseason.

My favorite RB on the roster right now is Dowdle and that's terrifying because it doesn't mean I like Dowdle a whole lot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm betting he gets cut in TC.
He is going to need a really strong preseason. If you don't have 1 or two really good backs then you're going to need 3 or 4 guys you can use. And last year we didn't think Duece was even worth using.

He either needs to show enough to warrant consideration for serious playing time or we need our third back to be more like Rico Dowdle. We will need a do everything guy for that spot because when Rico gets hurt, you can't role with fucking Zeke.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
He is going to need a really strong preseason. If you don't have 1 or two really good backs then you're going to need 3 or 4 guys you can use. And last year we didn't think Duece was even worth using.

He either needs to show enough to warrant consideration for serious playing time or we need our third back to be more like Rico Dowdle. We will need a do everything guy for that spot because when Rico gets hurt, you can't role with fucking Zeke.

Would love to see him make that 2nd year jump but I think he's going to be too big a liability in pass protection. D Linemen are going to run right over him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It appears that McClay has mastered the art of gaslighting too.

Top Bottom