2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One issue that I have with the price of Sunday Ticket is the bang really isn't worth the buck anymore. IMO, this is largely an issue brought about by the NFL's agenda more than YouTube.

There are so many games pushed to Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays that there are fewer games airing on Sunday than in years past. And apparently the NFL is making an effort to beef up the quality of those weekday games to appease their network and streaming partners who are paying billions for broadcast rights.

You also have to factor in the overseas games that will typically air on NFL Network. Also, SNF will typically have one of the top 3 matchups of the weekend. So that's one less quality game that you don't get with ST.

I noticed last year that a few of the stand-alone 4:25 games were literally the only game on in that window. So no matter where you lived everyone got that matchup. I'm assuming this may become a new trend.

So that leaves you paying ~$350 for a bunch of mid-tier Vikings vs Dolphins type games. I'm sorry but that ain't worth it unless you're a fan of a team like the Panthers living outside the southeast and your only means of catching games is via the Ticket.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd settle for a pay per view system. A lot of Cowboys games on regular TV and I don't give a fuck about watching any other games.
What is the most you'd pay to watch a game in this scenario?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Im tapped out at 10. Considering I can download it within a couple hours usually, I just don't feel the need to pay more than a movie theater ticket.
Yep. I’m not paying a hundred bucks a month to watch only the Cowboys. Hell, that’s more than Sunday Ticket cost, where you get all the games and people bitched about that price.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma used to charge about $55 for one PPV game every year vs low-level competition. Even with it being a crap matchup, the fans would still happily fork over their money to watch a game that they knew would be lopsided by halftime.

If there ever is an a la carte option, I bet the baseline will be $50.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oklahoma used to charge about $55 for one PPV game every year vs low-level competition. Even with it being a crap matchup, the fans would still happily fork over their money to watch a game that they knew would be lopsided by halftime.

If there ever is an a la carte option, I bet the baseline will be $50.
Well, if that were the case, they better do a lot better job on cracking down on illegal streams, because that's the only way I'd be watching them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hunter is 6’1” 236. If McCarthy can use him like the Giants did Jacobs I would be ecstatic.
Shit. He is going to go all Mike Alstott if he is given the opportunity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shit. He is going to go all Mike Alstott if he is given the opportunity.
Something positive out of ole Boozemun this morning. We are making progress, boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom