Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Officially the offseason now. :sad

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Officially the offseason now. :sad
Once the Cowboys were eliminated that's all I wanted was for the offseason to start. I get no joy out of football that doesn't include the Cowboys. I watched the game last night but I took no real joy in it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I saw a report that Carr has said that he won't accept any trades. Basically their only option is to release him and receive no compensation in return.

Frankly I don't blame him for wanting to stick it to them on his way out the door.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw a report that Carr has said that he won't accept any trades. Basically their only option is to release him and receive no compensation in return.

Frankly I don't blame him for wanting to stick it to them on his way out the door.
I guess they could always keep him knowing that they will have to eat the cap to do a trade. It's an interesting move but you're basically counting on getting 40 mil in trade value back, and hoping that Carr eventually gives in and consents. Technically he could just never consent and they would be stuck with him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I guess they could always keep him knowing that they will have to eat the cap to do a trade. It's an interesting move but you're basically counting on getting 40 mil in trade value back, and hoping that Carr eventually gives in and consents. Technically he could just never consent and they would be stuck with him.
He's this year's version of the 2022 Jimmy G saga.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I know he isn't great but to lose that much money to a guy that's never done it before has got to suck.
It's pretty sad that Olsen was escalated to #1 so soon, he hasn't been doing it that damn long himself.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's pretty sad that Olsen was escalated to #1 so soon, he hasn't been doing it that damn long himself.
He at least had a season before and I think Fox just assumed Aikman/Buck would stay forever.

They would just be handing the reins over to a guy for no other reason than his name.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He at least had a season before and I think Fox just assumed Aikman/Buck would stay forever.

They would just be handing the reins over to a guy for no other reason than his name.
Right, but how many crews does Fox have?

There's no reason that a guy who just started should be the #1 guy.

data

Forbes #1

I know he isn't great but to lose that much money to a guy that's never done it before has got to suck.
$7M a year difference?

That’s plenty motive for a jury to convict.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You'd think the Jets, too. They can't put all their eggs in Aaron's basket.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You'd think the Jets, too. They can't put all their eggs in Aaron's basket.
I'm sure there will be plenty of market for him. Aaron is flakey, who knows what the hell he will do. I wouldn't bank on him playing, not playing or throwing a baby fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom