2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and yet we're wasting our time with that North Dakota yokel

You're not going to beat the Chiefs by copying them. Sure you can take things from great coaches but sometimes it's also better to be different. Play a different game than everyone else. Otherwise you're just chasing your tail.

It's like when Dallas use to use small fast LBers. Everyone else was looking for the 250 pound thumper, we did something different which gave us an advantage.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You're not going to beat the Chiefs by copying them. Sure you can take things from great coaches but sometimes it's also better to be different. Play a different game than everyone else. Otherwise you're just chasing your tail.

It's like when Dallas use to use small fast LBers. Everyone else was looking for the 250 pound thumper, we did something different which gave us an advantage.
Dallas used a different game from 2014-2018 as well.

While the majority of the league were adopting pass heavy attacks, the Cowboys were one of a few teams to pivot to a bruising run heavy attack. They had success with it because most defenses around the league were utilizing smaller personnel to counter passing attacks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas used a different game from 2014-2018 as well.

While the majority of the league were adopting pass heavy attacks, the Cowboys were one of a few teams to pivot to a bruising run heavy attack. They had success with it because most defenses around the league were utilizing smaller personnel to counter passing attacks.
Yep, different is a good thing sometimes. You try to do what all 31 other teams are doing and you'll never win unless you have the best QB in the NFL. Be different in a good way and suddenly everyone else will be searching to copy you. Andy Reid is great but he has the best QB in the NFL. I like Dak but trying to be the Chiefs will never win you a Superbowl. While everyone else is gearing up to stop the pass and fast WRs, do something different and defenses won't be able to stop you.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Well this isn’t the guy I would pick if I had no kicker.

BTW, the Jags called us about Riley Patterson and we were not interested.
Just ridiculous that there are quality kickers available.
Bring Maher back and make him compete. I did not realize until today that Crosby is 38. Morten Anderson showed kickers can kick into their 40s

p1_

DCC 4Life
Just ridiculous that there are quality kickers available.
Bring Maher back and make him compete. I did not realize until today that Crosby is 38. Morten Anderson showed kickers can kick into their 40s
holy shit, he's 38?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
He's been around since the mid-late 00s. Just one of those guys that quietly did his job well for a long time and before you know it poof.
Of the name kickers that are available Crosby, Gould(40), Succop (36), Maher is the youngest at 33. Those are the choices unless you go unproven.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom