2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If he really wants to be a HC, he needs to bomb it next year and not make the playoffs.

That way he can interview for the teams who are hiring as soon as the regular season ends.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our former WR coach is moving on.
I mean ok. I'm sort of off the Beckham thing. I don't really know that I want him in Dallas all that badly. It's the start of the offseason and there are a lot of options now. He honestly scares me health wise. I just don't trust him and I don't trust his work ethic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean ok. I'm sort of off the Beckham thing. I don't really know that I want him in Dallas all that badly. It's the start of the offseason and there are a lot of options now. He honestly scares me health wise. I just don't trust him and I don't trust his work ethic.
I have never been on the Beckham train. I hope the Bills waste their money. We need a WR. We don't need him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never been on the Beckham train. I hope the Bills waste their money. We need a WR. We don't need him.
I guess I sort of was at one point. But then shit just got weird when he wouldn't run routes. Made comments about how he wouldn't play until it really mattered. Then suddenly he wasn't going to be healthy at all basically. I just don't trust him to be honest about his health or desire to play football. Someone's going to sign him and then suddenly he is going to sit out 90% of the season and then decide to play or not play based on the importance of that particular game. All while eating up cap space and making money.

I think he views himself as some type of a hired gun. But not a Deion type of hired gun who will play the entire season. But like a hired gun who thinks he can just step in when it's win or go home. Gives me bad vibes about the guy. And the whole time I think he knew he wasn't anywhere close to being able to play. I'd rather get a guy with half the talent who will put in the work with our other players to be an actual team player.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess I sort of was at one point. But then shit just got weird when he wouldn't run routes. Made comments about how he wouldn't play until it really mattered. Then suddenly he wasn't going to be healthy at all basically. I just don't trust him to be honest about his health or desire to play football. Someone's going to sign him and then suddenly he is going to sit out 90% of the season and then decide to play or not play based on the importance of that particular game. All while eating up cap space and making money.

I think he views himself as some type of a hired gun. But not a Deion type of hired gun who will play the entire season. But like a hired gun who thinks he can just step in when it's win or go home. Gives me bad vibes about the guy. And the whole time I think he knew he wasn't anywhere close to being able to play. I'd rather get a guy with half the talent who will put in the work with our other players to be an actual team player.

Yep. I was on the Beckham train until he said he didn't see the point of playing in the regular season. But even at that I was only ever on the train because we were desperate and he was one of the only potentially impactful options available. In the end Hilton was the better option.

Now that we're in the offseason, we're not desperate anymore. There are going to be some real options. No need to roll the dice on a guy like Beckham.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. I was on the Beckham train until he said he didn't see the point of playing in the regular season. But even at that I was only ever on the train because we were desperate and he was one of the only potentially impactful options available. In the end Hilton was the better option.

Now that we're in the offseason, we're not desperate anymore. There are going to be some real options. No need to roll the dice on a guy like Beckham.
A motherfucking 5th round pick, man. It is going to take me a long time to get over that one.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
what a fraud that guy was. we thought he'd bring the LOB to Dallas. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Payton sure is struggling his ass off to find a high quality DC.
Think about it though, that was always his problem. He never quite got that right. Greggggg Williams was probably his best.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why is Bienemy making a lateral move to a bad team?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why is Bienemy making a lateral move to a bad team?

I wouldn't do it, but I assume he thinks being under Andy Reid is holding him back from getting a HC job because people assume Reid is running their offense and Bienemy isn't doing much.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't do it, but I assume he thinks being under Andy Reid is holding him back from getting a HC job because people assume Reid is running their offense and Bienemy isn't doing much.
Yeah although Andy Reid has had other assistants get chances. So it makes me wonder if it's not more the fact that he is a bad interview. Although a great way to overcome that is to show people you're a great coach all on your own. Probably just a poor choice of team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom