2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He'll head back to KC after the new owner clears house after next season.
Yeah, that's kind of my assumption. Reid told him, go try it and if it doesn't work you still have a home with me. The problem is he may not have an OC job with KC if he washes out with the Redskins. It just seems like an extremely high risk move in the hopes of getting a head coaching job. If it were any other team I'd be rooting for the guy to overcome an offense with little to no talent but it's the Redskins, so I hope he fails miserably. I guess he has some WR's with Dotson and McClaurin but outside of that it's kind of just a bunch of replacement level guys.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's kind of my assumption. Reid told him, go try it and if it doesn't work you still have a home with me. The problem is he may not have an OC job with KC if he washes out with the Redskins. It just seems like an extremely high risk move in the hopes of getting a head coaching job. If it were any other team I'd be rooting for the guy to overcome an offense with little to no talent but it's the Redskins, so I hope he fails miserably. I guess he has some WR's with Dotson and McClaurin but outside of that it's kind of just a bunch of replacement level guys.
You saw what happened with Nagy though, he'll always have a home in KC like you said, whether it's as OC/QB coach/whatever. He wasn't really the play-caller there anyway so what's the difference?

Might as well take the risk.

The problem is that Redskins roster isn't exactly what I'd want to stake my HC chances on. Outside of McLaurin/Dotson they have almost no talent on that side of the ball.

Howell will struggle, Robinson is a 4 yards and a cloud of dust guy, their OL is a bunch of spare parts and I have literally no idea who their TE is.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah although Andy Reid has had other assistants get chances. So it makes me wonder if it's not more the fact that he is a bad interview.
I read somewhere the other day that he was kind of an a-hole to the players, that several of them didn't like how he talked to or treated them. Don't know if that's true but if he's trying to be some kind of badass drill sergeant that might explain it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read somewhere the other day that he was kind of an a-hole to the players, that several of them didn't like how he talked to or treated them. Don't know if that's true but if he's trying to be some kind of badass drill sergeant that might explain it.
You almost need that with Andy who I think can be a bit of a cupcake with his players. Reid is an awesome head coach, don't get me wrong but you have to be careful not to fall into Wade Phillips territory. Having a coordinator that is a little more of a hardass can help with that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

They better get someone good to reign in Murray.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just doesn't make any sense.
Rivera is a lame duck. He might view it like if he cannot get a HC job by interviewing, he will get one on his own. I am not expecting it to work out for him though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rivera is a lame duck. He might view it like if he cannot get a HC job by interviewing, he will get one on his own. I am not expecting it to work out for him though.
I think he is making a bad career decision.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Its probably a decent strategy, but Ryans apparently is a better candidate?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cardinals hired the Eagles LB coach to be their DC, you love to see it.
Really feels like Murray has wrecked that entire franchise. No good HC wants to go there so you have to settle for a young defensive guy. Who has no coaching tree yet and has to gamble on young unproven coordinators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom