2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What exactly were they expecting him to do with that dumpster fire?

Hell, when a team is that bad and that devoid of talent, what you look for is that they show signs of improvement down the stretch and the Texans most certainly did that.

What else was that organization expecting and/or wanting?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What exactly were they expecting him to do with that dumpster fire?

Hell, when a team is that bad and that devoid of talent, what you look for is that they show signs of improvement down the stretch and the Texans most certainly did that.

What else was that organization expecting and/or wanting?
Well, he did give them a solid middle finger by winning and costing them the top overall pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well, he did give them a solid middle finger by winning and costing them the top overall pick.
1 or 2 it won't matter. Barring a trade they can still get the top QB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Unless the Bears trade out.
Which they probably will.

As inept as Houston is, they can probably leverage a few good picks just for Houston to trade back to #1. :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hate Kingsbury I think he has massive douche vibes, but the fact that they extended him off of a good (not great) season last year and after one disappointing season fire him tells me that their front office doesn't know what it's doing and will chase any shiny object in it's field of vision.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate Kingsbury I think he has massive douche vibes, but the fact that they extended him off of a good (not great) season last year and after one disappointing season fire him tells me that their front office doesn't know what it's doing and will chase any shiny object in it's field of vision.
They are now married to Kyler Murray, unless they elect to eat a big chunk of that new contract. That instantly makes them among the worst NFL gigs there is...you are shackled to the QB, much like Denver.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea it was a dumbass hire in the first place and he did nothing to deserve an extension. Just a really poorly run organization all around.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They are now married to Kyler Murray, unless they elect to eat a big chunk of that new contract. That instantly makes them among the worst NFL gigs there is...you are shackled to the QB, much like Denver.

Yep that's a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom