**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Question to some of you guys... Not calling you out at all and I'm not saying I know better. But do you still like Avila at 26? I see him as the consensus third or fourth G on some sites... I think on the McGinn poll, the scouts had him as the fourth, with Mauch getting twice the score he got.

Do you just disagree with the those guys, or have you changed your opinion any?
I would have no problem with him at 26. I'm probably the wrong guy to ask about this because I don't really buy into the draft slot idea too closely.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Pretty good... Not all the way through it, but sounds like he likes Kincaid or Torrance. Loves Wright but would leave him at RT. Thinks Johnston would be good here at WR, isn't a big fan of all the smaller/quicker WRs in this draft. (The part with Baldy is only about 15 minutes long, not 44.)

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yuck. (Except for Kincaid and I guess Willis.)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yuck. (Except for Kincaid and I guess Willis.)
Yeah I mean I like Vorhees. But he is a redshirt guy. You're not getting anything from him as a rookie. But you are likely getting a starter after that. I'd take him in the fifth for sure and maybe even the fourth. I mean beats the hell out of Josh Ball level lineman in the fourth.

But I'd rather snag a Zavala or Mafi who I think could at least contend for playing time at guard as a rookie and have the upside.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jones injured star draft special.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picking a QB out of this shit class in the first 3 rounds would be a waste of a premium choices.
Yeah I understand buying a lottery ticket late with some of these guys. But doing it in the third would just be stupid. You really feel that good about Tune or Haener being anything more than a backup?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Stephen is quite the draft pundit ain’t he?
:picard

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Imagine if we trade a veteran player for a pick though.

Oooooooo

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I read where the day is not far off when teams may rely more on AI to make their picks. Jerry's been way ahead of them. He's been relying on artificial intelligence for years.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Simp has provided guidance to the new thread. Follow his lead.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably like Dan Rogers' or Jon Machota's the best?
Machota's is the best but probably not realistic. The other ones are all over the place. They will make an awesome first round pick and then go to straight shit real quickly. Rogers is pretty good but I dislike the Stevenson pick in the second.

And if we take Garrett Williams in the second I may just turn off the draft and do something else for the weekend. Like GTFO

Actually I take that back. Pro Football Focus is actually a sneaky good draft. I actually like a lot of those picks and realistic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom